Cougar Cake

Decorating By KutieKakes Updated 24 May 2009 , 4:47pm by lat1nacurv3s

KutieKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KutieKakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:57am
post #1 of 6

I have two three tiered cakes to do for a customer next week. It is for a 'Cougar' party (someone turning 40). I have searched and can't come up with any ideas....especially for 2 cakes. I've done tons of leopard and zebra cakes, but cougar's don't have any spots. Thought about a tan cake and using a black boa as an accent, but didn't know if I could use something like that on top of a cake(contamination issue????). Any thoughts?

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 May 2009 , 1:16am
post #2 of 6

I am opposed to using feathers or boas on cakes and cake stands.
They are dirty. You figure we have to use paper towels to dry our hands for good sanitation because fabric holds so much bacteria. Figure for a minute what all is on those feathers and what part of the bird's anatomy they mighta come from and the formaldyhide on it And the droppings of rodents and...I don't want that on or near my food.

So I agree with you--there's issues.
[url]
http://depts.washington.edu/natmap/photos/mammals/cougar_01tfk.jpg[/url]

Cool cougar ^^^[/url]

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 6

Hi! I think hot pink and black is a pretty hot color combination for a 'flirty' type girl party. Even thought cougars don't have spots or stripes, animal prints are very sexy and I think a jungle type cake would be purrrrfect. icon_cool.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 6

Why not draw a cougar on the cake? Here is an image search I started. There are some beautiful photos you could go by.

http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4HPIB_enUS311US311&q=cougar&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 24 May 2009 , 2:44am
post #5 of 6

Are you supposed to be doing cougar as in the animal or as in the hot older woman?

lat1nacurv3s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lat1nacurv3s Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris524

Are you supposed to be doing cougar as in the animal or as in the hot older woman?

Hot older woman that DATE'S A YOUNGER MAN! That's the main difference. LOL

Hmmm....why not a pale pink cake and hot pink lettering "COUGAR" with the silhouette of the cats face? OR do the same only with the silhouette of a woman's body?

I did a search myself and this is what I found...I love the second idea of the woman. I'm going to have consider doing it myself!!! LOL

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=USw&um=1&sa=1&q=silhouette+cougar+face&btnG=Search+Images&aq=f&oq=

Good luck on the cake. I'm sure it will come out just fine! Can't wait to see pics of the finished product. *WINK*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%