Help Tres Leches ( Three Milk)

Decorating By brownsugarcakes Updated 21 May 2009 , 6:01pm by brownsugarcakes

brownsugarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brownsugarcakes Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 7

I have to make a Strawberry cake and add Tres Leches to it. I made a practice cake and it tasted pretty good but the client stated that it was two most. I have to explain that my strawberry cake is already moist and by adding the Tres leche it made it more like a podding. She like that cake very much but told me that her daughter and her friend might not like it. I am trying to explain that maybe she need to omit the Tres Leche because my strawberry cake is so moist. I am between a rock and a hard place. She would like me to make my strawberry cake less moist so when i add the Tres Leche it will have the right texture. How do i make my cake less moist.

Help : icon_rolleyes.gificon_redface.gificon_mad.gif

6 replies
Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 7

The tres leches cake is supposed to be very, very moist. I make it all of the times..the only thing i can tell you is maybe use half of the mixture. don't pour the whole thing..and do it the night before so that all of the milk is sucked in by the cake.

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 7

Gosh. I've never thought about how to intentionally bake a dry cake! I hate the thought of saying this, but would it help if you over baked the cake a little & then got some of the moistness back when you added the Tres Leches? If needed, maybe you could trim the sides of the cake if they get too brown from doing this.

I've never made a Tres Leches cake before, but that's just what comes to mind on how to accomplish what she is asking. I have eaten them though & as mentioned before, I know they are supposed to be very very moist.

milknhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milknhoney Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 7

I bake Tres Leches for a coffee shop and what I do is add an xtra egg to the cake batter, this will just give a tighter consistency and then also bake it at least 3-5 minutes longer (just keep checking that it doesn't burn). You can also reduce your tres leche liquid by lessening the milk portion.
Another suggestion would be to make the cake your normal, tres leches cakea and then decorate with strawberries and strawberry glaze.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:09pm
post #5 of 7

...I don't understand why the customer (who likes your cake as is) doesn't order a second cake (sans Tres Leche) for her daughter.

You shouldn't have to jump through hoops because "someone" might not like your standard cake. What happens if you alter your recipe (at the Mom's request) and then the Mom doesn't like it?

And just a thought, but are you going to be taking special requests (to alter your recipes) from ALL of your customers from now on. Because "Mom" may want you to make other alterations for her daughter's taste from this point on!

JMHO

Deniro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deniro Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:01am
post #6 of 7

I don't see how thats going to work. What did you think of the flavor and texture? Try suggesting a strawberry filling instead,that turns out very tasty.

brownsugarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brownsugarcakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:01pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone. I will try to over bake it a little and add less of tres leches. This will be the first and last time I try to help out a friend. It it true that your friends and family will make you jump over more hurdles. It is like they expect you cater to them. And they would never do this to other people. family and friends will be off limits.

Thanks
path740

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%