Lady Are You Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By phoufer Updated 25 May 2009 , 11:12pm by angelicconfections

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:07am
post #1 of 27

Have to share this funny story with you. This woman contacts me via email asking if I can do a sheet cake with toopy & binoo on it. I say yes and give her the price. Then she says oh and can you deliver it. I say no I only deliver wedding cakes due to set up etc. The party is very close to my house so I tell her I will make an exception but there will be a $10 delivery fee and the cake needs to be paid for by the end of the week.
She emails me back the next day and says I am coming today to pay you. I email her back saying I will out all day today please come tomorrow and I will be home. I don't hear anything else from her for 6 days, so I send her an email saying that since I have not heard from her I am assuming she no longer wants the cake and I have booked someone else for that date. She emails this letter back to me

I don't want to be rude but i can't understand why u would book someone else when u already booked me. I thought i was doing u a favor by offering to pay u in advance not securing my position. I called u twice and in fact i was hoping to come by today if u were available. I'm so upset, now i can't find anyone who can make me a cake for that date. This really isn't right of u.

1st of all I have call waiting and an answering machine so I know she didn't call. Needless to say I will not be doing her cake (was for this weekend)
Sorry for the long story but I just can't believe this woman actually thought she was doing me a favour by paying for her cake!!!!

26 replies
G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:22am
post #2 of 27

LOL people are funny...

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 27

It is Debi who puti it best how to handle these types of customers, "Next".

mommachris icon_smile.gif

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 27

I love it when people say that they have called. With technology the way it is, it's very rare that I miss a phone call. Between call waiting, visual call waiting, call display, call answer, last number called, call forward, cell phones, texting, twitter, etc.... I think I would know if you called me or not!!!

On a personal note: who the heck would want Toopy & Binoo on a cake???? That is the most irritating kids show, right up there with Barney and Teletubbies!!! icon_razz.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 27

I try to avoid contact with people who send emails using "u" in place of a full word.

And how gallant of her to do me a FAVOR by paying in advance like I make everyone else do. Gee, I hope she bends over to make it easier for me to kiss her a$$ in total gratitude!

(for any newbies on here, that was all sarcasm!) icon_twisted.gif

phoufer Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 27

cakes22 I agree with you about that show, even my 2 yr old grandson doesn't like it!!!

Indydebi your responses always make me laugh! I guess she figured I would go to the time and expense of making the cake just in case she decided to grace me with her presence and pick up the cake and pay for it. Yeah I don't think so.

Thanks ladies for your replies whenever I need a laugh I log into CC!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 20 May 2009 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I try to avoid contact with people who send emails using "u" in place of a full word.

And how gallant of her to do me a FAVOR by paying in advance like I make everyone else do. Gee, I hope she bends over to make it easier for me to kiss her a$$ in total gratitude!

Indydebi ? Sarcastic? You? No Way! Hahahaha icon_confused.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_twisted.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

goldenegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldenegg Posted 20 May 2009 , 9:14pm
post #8 of 27
Quote:

lol you should add that to your signature icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 May 2009 , 9:55pm
post #9 of 27

kiss her a$$ ..How about my foot up her A$$!! thumbs_up.gif

icon_wink.gif

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:04pm
post #10 of 27

Hhahahahahah Maybe kiss it with a steel toed boot!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:12pm
post #11 of 27

Who the heck is Toopy and Bimpoo?

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:12pm
post #12 of 27

People are unbelievable

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:26pm
post #13 of 27

See, there is perfect proof why indydebi is one of my heros!!! Gotta love sarcastic natures.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 May 2009 , 11:15pm
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

Exactly... icon_confused.gif If I ever hear the words Toopy and/ Bimpoo outta the mouth of my little boy...yeah. No. Uh-huh.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 20 May 2009 , 11:21pm
post #15 of 27

Sounds like an adult movie

__Jamie__ Posted 20 May 2009 , 11:29pm
post #16 of 27
Quote:

Yeah, it's impossible to take anyone seriously that uses that type of slang in formal communication. I have been known to accidentally lose emails like that....oops! icon_lol.gif

That said, I totally use "u" in place of you when texting, and abbreviate other words, and in instant messaging too. Email? No. Sorry, type in proper English ya dumba$$! And that is not being sarcastic! icon_twisted.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 20 May 2009 , 11:32pm
post #17 of 27

It does sound like and adult movie I watched the other day.

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 20 May 2009 , 11:41pm
post #18 of 27

Toopy and Bimpoo???

Totally some XXX cartoon or something.

Indydebi, I need your comments saved in a little voice box with a "push when someones pisses you off" button on it. Sure would save me a lot of heartache. You are absolutely hilarious!!!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 20 May 2009 , 11:48pm
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

LOL....My thoughts exactly. I thought perhaps she mispelled them as well, I've never heard of them, and I have three little kids.

And Debi......as usual......thanks for the belly laugh!!

__Jamie__ Posted 20 May 2009 , 11:57pm
post #20 of 27

Oh geeeeez.....here is Toopy and Binoo. Looks like a cracked out rat!

http://mag.awn.com/issue11.03/11.03images/new06_Toopy_Binoo.jpg

phoufer Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:04am
post #21 of 27

lol Jamie that is exactly the picture she wanted on the cake!

__Jamie__ Posted 21 May 2009 , 2:04am
post #22 of 27

Lol!!! Actually, on closer inspection, it looks like crack head rat is spreading his LCD laced bubbles around for all the kids! Check out the fish...he's flyyyyyying man!! And the comatose frog thing sticking out of the top has obviously just od'ed on whatever is in that bottle....NICE cartoon characters, very bizarre and just not right. Wow. Wow..... icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 May 2009 , 2:12am
post #23 of 27

Kinda makes ya homesick for the good 'ole Tom-n-Jerry and Bugs Bunny days, huh!? icon_biggrin.gif

mackeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mackeymom Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:43pm
post #24 of 27
Quote:

Indydebi is my hero!

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:45pm
post #25 of 27

WE LOVE TOOPY AND BINOO -- and I believe they are made in Quebec, hence the French sounding names.

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:57pm
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

It does sound like and adult movie I watched the other day.

O my!! icon_surprised.gif Now we KNOW what your doing when your NOT caking!! icon_lol.gif
You go boy! icon_wink.gif

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 25 May 2009 , 11:12pm
post #27 of 27

Ah, yes, what a favor, such a burden to have to pay for thier cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%