Question About New Turntable......

Decorating By Rebecca78 Updated 20 May 2009 , 8:51pm by kaseynh

Rebecca78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebecca78 Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:59am
post #1 of 9

Hi Fellow Cakers... I Just recieved in the mail Wilton Professional Turntable, it was NIB, but is the older model that I had won off of Ebay..got it for a good deal... but has a really noticable wobble...What I am asking will that make a big difference...I have already put it back in the box..but I dont know if I should try to return it or what...please help me decide....Thanks Everyone!

8 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:03am
post #2 of 9

The older turntables get wobbly because it gets worn down inside the shaft part unevenly over time.... you could try putting something heavy on it and see if it still wobbles...?

Kitagrl Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:04am
post #3 of 9

Oh wait you said it was NIB...sorry.

nefcook21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefcook21 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:11am
post #4 of 9

Is it the tilting turntable? That's what I have and it has wobbled from the day I bought it. I hate mine, in fact I just won a Fat Daddio's off ebay and am waiting for its arrival.

Kitagrl Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:13am
post #5 of 9

I think the Wilton professional is the cast iron one right? I have an Ateco one and I LOVE it, its the best ever. Haven't tried the Wilton but I assume its similar. Shouldn't wobble though, not brand new....I wouldnt' think.

Maybe a heavy cake would weight it down though, try that first.

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:09am
post #6 of 9

I have the professional model (cast iron base) and it has wobbled from day one! I hardly ever use it. Another downside is the plate is really slick. I was smoothing the icing on one of my cakes on it and was just doing the last swipe when the cake flew off the turntable landing top side down on the floor!
I use the plastic Wilton one that is white and green and love it! I am going to purchase more in the future. I love you can "lock" this one in place which is really helpful when you don't want your cake to turn.

Kitagrl Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:11am
post #7 of 9

They make mats to put on the turntables so they are non skid....I just love the smooth motion of my Ateco cast iron turntable. A huge cake spins just as easily as a small one.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:35pm
post #8 of 9

My wilton heavy duty wobbled from day one also. I just got the Fat Daddio heavy duty turntable and it spins as smooth as glass. I can the wilton one going in a garage sale.

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:51pm
post #9 of 9

Mine Wilton turntable is in the corner pretending to be a shelf! I never use it.
On a side note, I buy the rolls of rubber type shelf liner and cut it to size to use on my turntables and I also use it in my car under my cakes I deliver.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%