Going Away Cake??

Decorating By Madiken Updated 20 May 2009 , 3:57pm by G_Cakes

Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:09am
post #1 of 5

I have a cake to do for next weekend that I am drawing a blank on. It is for 3 couples who are all moving away. It's for a party at a local pub and all 3 couples are moving at the same time and together! They are moving across Canada to Newfoundland.

Any ideas???

4 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:32am
post #2 of 5

this has been done many times but i love this idea. You could make some travel luggage. But what you could do is make it a smaller cake with three layers each one a luggage bad and personalize each couples with a travel tag with their names on it.

You could also do a passport cake or something with their names on the outside or something...i dunno lol

Sorry thats all i can think of icon_smile.gif

Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 5

I really like the luggage idea! Thanks!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 5

omg both the luggage and tags are such a great idea...on the luggage you can make like stickers reflecting where they have just left...or other places they have lived!!!! hope this helps.....

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 5

Being married to a newf I have a great idea...

There is 1 newfie custom for visiting travelers, family, moving to or anyone passing through has to experience first hand and you can only do this in Newfoundland!

Getting Screeched in... and kissing the fish!!! I kids ya not (LOL)

If you does a search on that google thingy (sorry speaking newfanese) you should come up with a few great picture of screech and some cod fish.

I think it would only be to perfect to have a cake that has a cod fish with big red lips for kissing LOL, an (empty) bottle of Newfie Screech and some sort of boot, boat or lobster trap involved.

Sorry but I just couldn't resist!!! Cant wait to see what you come up with and please post the pic's!

Miss Lizzy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%