Tried Another Cookie Recipe

Baking By cookiemookie Updated 20 May 2009 , 12:25pm by TracyLH

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 4

It turned out great! Tastes great and holds it's shape nicely.

I haven't used icing on it yet, but I think it will be great. I sprinkled them with nutmeg sugar as the recipe suggested. They are nice and crisp with great citrus flavor.

Here's the recipe. It is from Allrecipes.com

I'm going to try and include a picture here. Hope it works.

Cornmeal Sugar Cookies

"This is a wonderfully different crispy sugar cookie. This cookie can be made as a cut out or a refrigerator cookie. This cookie is also wonderful when dipped in melted chocolate."

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

In a medium bowl, cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Add egg yolks, vanilla, orange extract, and orange zest. Cream well. Sift together the flour, cornmeal, and salt, and stir into the creamed mixture. Refrigerate dough until firm. For refrigerator cookies, roll dough into logs before refrigerating. 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 3. Roll out cookie dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter and place on ungreased cookie sheets. For refrigerator cookies, slice logs into 1/4 inch slices. Sprinkle cookies with sugar and ground nutmeg. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown. Remove cookies from pan to cool on a wire rack
LL

3 replies
SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 4

Wow, those really came out nice. I can see being able to decorate these easily and they are so uniform in size.

Super Job!

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 19 May 2009 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 4

I would have never considered using cornmeal to make cookies. The look delicious. Great find! Thanks for sharing!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 20 May 2009 , 12:25pm
post #4 of 4

Rose, you are so wonderful to share!!! I will give this one a whirl! Thanks for doing this as I wouldn't have thought of using a recipe with cornmeal. Thanks again! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%