Mind Blank! Need Ideas Quick

Decorating By tab26852 Updated 19 May 2009 , 4:36pm by all4cake

tab26852 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab26852 Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 5

I have a baby shower cake to do and the lady is doing baby deer for the shower theme and thats what she wants the cake done in. I have never seen deer on a baby shower cake so my mind is blank, would appreciate any ideas. Thanks

4 replies
flechedelor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flechedelor Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 5

Bambi! Try the scene when he meets Flower? Or the iconic butterfly in Bambi's tail? I don't know how good your fondant or drawing skills are but hopefully this helps!

emhurston Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emhurston Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 5

How about Bambi? You could do an FBCT of a coloring page. Here is a page I found with a whole bunch of Bambi coloring pages. http://www.coloring-book.info/coloring/coloring_page.php?id=13. HTH.

Ellen

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 5

You could use that 3d lamb pan (I think it's a lamb, from Wiltons) I see alot of people make dogs out of it. You could do a deer with it. Or a green grassy field with a spotted baby deer laying in a field of soft pink/baby blue/ yellow flowers (do you know the sex of the baby?) Bambi scene with mother and baby deer, but we all know how that story turned out, so maybe not.

Baby in a cradle with a baby deer nosing it? In plastic or sugar. Sorry, that's the best I could do. Hope to see it when you are done.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%