New To Knoxville, Tn...anyone Around?

Lounge By TJCanadian Updated 20 May 2009 , 1:07am by lecrn

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:54am
post #1 of 3

I just moved(sort of) to Knoxville, TN for my new job that is non cake related. I'm in corporate housing for another month and hoping that our house in Colorado sells quickly so my family can move out here with me and we can buy a house. But I'm bored on the weekends, making my coworkers fat because I need something to do so I don't spend all my time dwelling on being away from my family. I have 2 young kids so its Extremely hard to be away and I've only seen them 2 days in the last 30. I'm going home for 5 days this coming weekend and heaven help me if the planes are delayed or someone gets in my way icon_biggrin.gif I keep tissues handy.

I love caking, softball, racquetball, etc and I have tones of time on my hands at least until my family gets here.

2 replies
lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:06am
post #2 of 3

Hey there! There's lots of things you can do in Knoxville!
If you like to shop, there's lots of it here:
2 malls-Knoxville Center, West Town
Turkey Creek: W-mart, Target, Ross, Marshalls, Best Buy, Belk, JC Penny, Vic Secret, World Market, and many many more. There's a Cook's Corner here as well that has some pretty cool stuff. There's also lots of restaurants.
There's also a huge movie theatre called The Pinnacle.
If you're close to downtown Knoxville, there's some neat shops in Market Square. My favorite is Mast General. Try out the Tomato Head. They have great food.
There's lots of restaurants in Knoxville. My favorites are PF Changs, Connor's (steak house), Puleo's, Chesapeak's. If you need a review, chances are we've ate there, so ask away.
There's also quiet a few gyms here. My husband & I belong to the Rush. There's a Court South which has racket ball courts.
If you like sports, you've come to the right place! UT football is coming up. Going to a game is great fun. Basketball is pretty big here too.
We also have some nice parks. Don't forget that you're right next door to the Smokey Mts. There's lots of great hiking there.
There's lots more. Just ask if you need any specific info.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:07am
post #3 of 3

Hey there! There's lots of things you can do in Knoxville!
If you like to shop, there's lots of it here:
2 malls-Knoxville Center, West Town
Turkey Creek: W-mart, Target, Ross, Marshalls, Best Buy, Belk, JC Penny, Vic Secret, World Market, and many many more. There's a Cook's Corner here as well that has some pretty cool stuff. There's also lots of restaurants.
There's also a huge movie theatre called The Pinnacle.
If you're close to downtown Knoxville, there's some neat shops in Market Square. My favorite is Mast General. Try out the Tomato Head. They have great food.
There's lots of restaurants in Knoxville. My favorites are PF Changs, Connor's (steak house), Puleo's, Chesapeak's. If you need a review, chances are we've ate there, so ask away.
There's also quiet a few gyms here. My husband & I belong to the Rush. There's a Court South which has racket ball courts.
If you like sports, you've come to the right place! UT football is coming up. Going to a game is great fun. Basketball is pretty big here too.
We also have some nice parks. Don't forget that you're right next door to the Smokey Mts. There's lots of great hiking there.
There's lots more. Just ask if you need any specific info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%