Filling Cupcakes

Decorating By NoahLili Updated 19 May 2009 , 11:41am by kmoores

NoahLili Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NoahLili Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:39am
post #1 of 5

I can't believe I've made oodles of cupcakes, and I've never once filled one. Can someone give me a few tips on this. I'm making margarita cupcakes with lime curd filling. Do I wait until they're completely cooled? Do I need a special decorating tip? Any pointers will help me out. Thanks a bunch!!

4 replies
G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:47am
post #2 of 5

Inquiring minds want to know icon_smile.gif Free Bump

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:33am
post #3 of 5

I'm wondering this, too, but think the cupcake strand might be a better place for the question.

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:41am
post #4 of 5

I fill all of my cupcakes. I let the cupcakes cool and then use a star tip (or any tip for that matter) to fill them. I push it into the cupcake and squeeze the decorating bag while slightly pulling up. It's easy. You can also use an apple corer or spoon to spoon out a little hole and use that to fill it.. but I prefer using a tip.

The wider the amount of filling I want the larger tip I use icon_smile.gif

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:41am
post #5 of 5

You can use a bismark tip (or another tip like a 3 or 4) to insert into the top of the cupcake and squeeze some of the filling into the cupcake. You would have to wait till the Another way is to fill your tin part way then put a little filling in the middle then put more cake batter on top and bake as normal. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%