Cream Cheese Icing

Decorating By babybundt Updated 19 May 2009 , 6:06pm by izzy1953

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 19 May 2009 , 12:44am
post #1 of 6

i will be making a crusting cream cheese buttercream for a cake i am making. does the cake need to be refrigerated after it is iced and decorated? i thought i read somewhere that it did not because the powdered sugar acts as a preservative for the cream cheese. any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated......laura

5 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 19 May 2009 , 12:54am
post #2 of 6

I asked Edna about it and she said she has left hers overnight I believe and it was ok. I actually just made a cake using cream cheese buttercream from Ednas site. I left it for 24 hours unrefrigerated with no problems.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:00am
post #3 of 6

I think it should be ok. I've left some cuppies out overnight which were frosted with cream cheese frosting and had no problems.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:10am
post #4 of 6

you're fine without refrigeration. The sugar, tons of it, will do a good job of keeping everything fresh.

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:11am
post #5 of 6

thank you so much for this information. it is greatly appreciated............laura

izzy1953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzy1953 Posted 19 May 2009 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 6

i have used the crusting cream cheese icing on several occasions. as far as remaining fresh.........that was no problem, but the frosting got really, really "soft". It still looked beautiful and tasted great, it just doesn't stay as............crisp?..............as a buttercream.......My opinion!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%