Blue, Beige And Yellow Request

Decorating By bellabiaggio Updated 22 May 2009 , 6:33am by julia77

bellabiaggio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabiaggio Posted 18 May 2009 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 13

A friend of mine is requesting a two tiered cake using a blue background with yellow and beige dots and a loopy bow on top for her sister's baby shower. I don't like the idea of mixing the beige and yellow, but that is just my opinion.

Does anyone have a picture of something along those lines that I can see before I make a decision on telling her that its not the best color combo? Maybe it can look good, I just can't picture it in my head. I told her that I would try to find something similiar so that she can see what it looks like in front of her before commiting to it.

I tried looking through the galleries, but it came up with 600 pages that are impossible to get through to find "the one". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

12 replies
imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 18 May 2009 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 13

Hmm....I looked at a pic on google images of beige with yellow flowers and it didnt look bad...but I would have probably chosen a different 2 colors...white and yellow or light yellow and dark yellow.

This says it is all yellow, but could that pass as beige and yellow? It doesnt look bad at all.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1343954

Without searching 100s of pages lol, that was all I found on CC. I dont think it would look terrible, as long as you didnt make the beige too dark. I hope I was of some help icon_smile.gif.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 18 May 2009 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 13

Sounds hideous! I found the colour combination - not a cake, and I think the beige is more orange. I hope it attaches...
LL

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 19 May 2009 , 12:14am
post #4 of 13

Sounds hideous! I found the colour combination - not a cake, and I think the beige is more orange. I hope it attaches...
LL

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 19 May 2009 , 12:23am
post #5 of 13

I thought that beige was more along the lines of a khaki color. If I am right then I don't think that it would look bad at all.. if I am wrong then it might look horrible

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:21am
post #6 of 13

That is what I am thinking of as beige as well...the khaki color.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:21am
post #7 of 13

i found this cake on google that says it is beige and yellow except it is a very light beige almost like a cream:

http://theweddingcakegift.us/DSCF0030.JPG

If it was like this colour it wouldn't look bad except like they did, you would just need to go for a softer yellow to blend more with the beige i reackon

Otherwise you could try and just compromise changing beige to an ivory or creamier colour?

jamiekwebb Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:31am
post #8 of 13

I was thinking a little darker on the beige, but I totally think that beige (almost khaki color) and pastel yellow, and light blue would look good.

jamiekwebb Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:37am
post #9 of 13

thse are mor the colors I was thinking.. maybe evn softer on the yellow and more a light denim blue
LL

bellabiaggio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabiaggio Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:50am
post #10 of 13

Thank you all so much! I'm going to try to forward that color swatch, thanks to jamiekwebb. I hope she decides to go with something else. Maybe blue with yellow and white/ivory or blue with beige and white/ivory. I think that her other sister wants to decorate with yellow flowers and thought that it could be tied into the cake, but I think I might have to convince her otherwise icon_wink.gif Thanks again!

jamiekwebb Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:59am
post #11 of 13

if not just aske her if you can do beige with yellow and blue dots, I think that would look better.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:24pm
post #12 of 13

Biege can mean alot of different shades. I would thnk more along the lines of Ivory then add the sky blue and a sunny yellow. I think it could be really pretty and soft. I keep a deck of paint chips around for when i need color inspiration.

julia77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia77 Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:33am
post #13 of 13

Sand sun and surf! I'm thinking beige would work if it was toned more to a pale beach sand colour than brown.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%