Calling All Decorators Who Have Used Chocolate Cov. Strawber

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 18 May 2009 , 10:12pm by mandyloo

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 18 May 2009 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 6

I have a major question for you wonderful cake decorators out there! Have any of you put chocolate covered strawberries on a wedding cake before?

If soPLEASE HELP ME! I have a wedding cake this weekend and they want chocolate covered strawberries as the border and on top of each tier! (all 5 tiers are separated). So.i have not done this before and I need to know when I need to make the strawberries (dipping in chocolate) and how I store them and when I should put them on the cake! I am afraid of them ooozing out strawberry liquid onto the icing. I usually set up wedding cakes while the wedding is going on but I am singing in this wedding so I need to set it up before hand. How should I go about all that keeping the chocolate covered strawberries in mind so that they dont melt or ooze out onto the cake? HELP!

Thanks so much!

April

5 replies
ladycake17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycake17 Posted 18 May 2009 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 6

I have done the chocolate covered strawberries on grooms cakes several times. I make them the night before and put them in the fridge. I don't put them on the cake until the last minute. They will probably run before time to cut the cake, so I really don't have an answer about that. I'm not sure if dipping them twice would help or not. Sorry!

jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 18 May 2009 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 6

I did one not too long ago. There were 24 strawberries and a WHOLE lot of flowers. I had not planned to decorate the back of the cake, but with all the strawberries, I went ahead and used the entire cake. They wanted the strawberries incorporated with the flowers. I'll post a pic as soon as I get home....I thought it was on my travel drive, but I guess it's on my computer at home.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 May 2009 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 6

hi, i have done this before. and worried the whole time too. i researched so many places. i had to make them look like a tuxedo... i waited until the last minute of the day it was due.. kept in frig... took to site. and added them to the grooms cake there.. client was so happy with it.. they are going to seep, now matter what you tried to do to keep them from it.. you wipe the strawberries with clean rag. do not wash them... dry them a little with dry rag.. then dip.. then put in frig.. like i said , i did a lot of reserach on computer. and kept the instructions.. i just typed in how to make chocolate covered strawberries,etc. hth

jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 18 May 2009 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 6

Here is the photo...I dipped the strawberries the morning of the wedding, chilled them and took them with me.

[img][/img]
LL

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 18 May 2009 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 6

I have no help to offer, but I have to say, it's pretty impressive and ambitious to provide both the cake and the entertainment!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%