Bags Of Money, Need Base Ideas....

Decorating By MeliaJ Updated 19 May 2009 , 8:06pm by BeeBoos-8599_

MeliaJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeliaJ Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a money themed cake, I'm planning on using the mini wonder molds for bags of money, but dont really know what to put them on whether a tier of cake (Round, square)or nothing at all and have them sitting together, but if I did it that way I'm not sure how tol write the happy birthday for it......

Any ideas??

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 May 2009 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 5

A lot depends on how many you need to serve and the event. Make some wafer paper or frosting sheet $ bills to have coming out of the bags and all over the base cake. If you don't need the servings, just put several bags on a cake board, and write on the board.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 19 May 2009 , 12:24am
post #3 of 5

Oh Oh Oh! What about doing a large round for the base and making it look like a large coin??? That would be really cool. You could use a small dowel to press the "ribbing" into the sides and cover it in silver, copper or gold dust. Then pile the money bags in the center. ORRR if you have to serve alot you could make several coins stacked ontop of eachother then the money bags. Dangit! Now I need a reason to make a money cake. icon_twisted.gif

MeliaJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeliaJ Posted 19 May 2009 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks, those are great ideas, it will be for 20-25 people. I wanted to to wafer money or something like that but cant find a place in my area that has it.

I am going to try a coin base, we'll see how it goes!

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 19 May 2009 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 5

COOOL! Please post the final product.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%