Saw A Cake I Want To Make And Need Help Please

Decorating By mishlove Updated 18 May 2009 , 3:05pm by Malakin

mishlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mishlove Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 4

On the wilton online site, I saw this Chocolate three times cake. I dont want to purchase the Ready-To-Use Chocolate Decorator Icing, can I make this at home? What is the recipe? You have to melt the chocolate icing to get the effect on the cake that melts down the sides. Can anyone help me?


3 replies
djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 4

I don't know for sure, but I am thinking a chocolate ganache would work for the drizzles? Or maybe chocolate melted and drizzled with a piping bag to control more uniform 'dripping?' And I would think any chocolate buttercream or chocolate cream icing would work for the curious to see what others say. icon_smile.gif

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 4

You can use any chocolate buttercream to ice the cake. I would suggest chocolate ganache for the drizzles. There are lots of recipes for that too, but it is basically chocolate and heavy cream. When I am just doing the drizzles, I like to put mine in a large squeeze bottle (Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc) so that I have more control.

If you want specific recipes, PM me and I'll give you my suggestions.


Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 4

I also saw some videos on youtube to show how to drizzle the ganache down the sides like that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%