American Cake Decorating Magazine Problems

Decorating By MORSELSBYMARK Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 2:21am by sugarcheryl

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 17 May 2009 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 18

Is anyone else having a hard time getting their issues by mail. I know it takes a bit longer because I live in Canada, but I had called April 1st to be told a replacement issue would be sent, and I'd have it in 2 weeks...6 weeks later and I have yet to receive my Feb/Mar issue. Not only that, it is halfway thru May and there is no mention of when the Apr/May issue will be shipped. I'd really like to know what's going on.

17 replies
cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 19 May 2009 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 18

I am in the same boat as you!! icon_mad.gif

I ordered my subscription in Jan. Still haven't gotten an issue yet. I emailed them and said that I haven't received anything and to cancel my subscription. They emailed back and said I should be receiving the May/June issue. icon_confused.gif If I don't get something in the next week or two I am canceling the whole thing!!!!

I'm in Canada too! Never had a problem with getting mag. orders from the States.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 18

Unfortunately, you are not alone. Everyone experiences this same thing with this company. I started my subscription to ACD in September and received my Dec issue at the end of January (4 1/2 months after I ordered it). I ordered my MBN the day after Christmas and got my first copy at the end of March (so 4 months). It really does take a long time to get them. I haven't had any trouble since they are both finally getting here now.

And I'm in the US. Just a couple of states from where they print them!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 18

Wow....I don't subscribe to ACD, but this is not the first time I have seen complaints like this. I would love to subscribe, but I couldn't possibly after reading this....and it doesn't look like anyone has had a satisfactory answer to why it takes so long either! That's too bad. I'll keep my money!

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:39pm
post #5 of 18

I am still waiting for my APril/may issue and yet they sent me a mail to renew my subscription!!!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:42pm
post #6 of 18

I just pulled this from their website:

"Anticipated Mail Dates

The ACD Dec. 2008 issue mailed Dec. 12, 2008. Sorry for the delay!
The MBN Jan/Feb 2009 issue will mail Jan. 2, 2009.
Current Subscribers: Please allow up to three weeks for delivery. New subscribers, please allow 8-10 weeks for your very first issue to mail."

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:42pm
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

I am still waiting for my APril/may issue and yet they sent me a mail to renew my subscription!!!

That is sadly funny and pathetic at the same time!

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 19 May 2009 , 2:14pm
post #8 of 18

I have to wonder ... it seems sometimes like the only times a lot of people actually get their issues are the times they e-mail/call to complain about it. And those who wait too long to complain just get an issue (allegedly) tacked onto the end of their subscription ...

Is it just me?

I love the magazine. I hate to think this is the case!

Lineah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lineah Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:48pm
post #9 of 18

I'm having the same problem. I even e-mailed them that I didn't recieve an issue, and they stated that they would add it to the end of my subscription...ok, but now I've yet to get the april/may issue. I subscribed about 8 months ago, and had up to this point never had a problem....I think I'm going to e-mail them again..

sugarycreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarycreations Posted 21 May 2009 , 2:25am
post #10 of 18

I have been debating about subscribing to this magazine but these posts have decided me against it. Not going to be driven crazy that way. I'll continue waiting until my local cake shop calls & tells me the new issue is in & should they save me one. Sounds like a better plan. thumbs_up.gif

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:18am
post #11 of 18

Call them and talk to them personally.

rachescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachescakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 2:51pm
post #12 of 18

I am having the same problems with American Cake Decorating. I received the subscription to both American Cake Decorating and Mailbox News for Christmas. I have only received the Feb/Mar 09 issue and I have emailed and called several times.

I really liked the one issue, but I am really frustrated by the problems receiving my copies.

Once I get going, will this eventually straighten out?

SadEyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SadEyes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 3:01pm
post #13 of 18

I am in Toronto and sent a subscription in January and yet to receive a mag. being told that I will get one in June. Guess who will not be renewing their subscription (if it ever comes at all)

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:30pm
post #14 of 18

I was going to subscribe, but now I'm not sure. Is it available on any newstands or do you have to get a subscription?

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:00pm
post #15 of 18

So I emailed them(ACM) and asked to cancel my subscription (again). I got my reply this morning stating that my April/May issue should be in my mailbox by JULY!!!! WTH????
So I emailed back TELLING them to refund the subs.amount to my credit card and told them that receiving a "spring" issue in mid-summer was unsatisfactory and what good would it do me?
icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:05am
post #16 of 18

Ha! I was receiving my issues on time until I moved. I moved last year in August and notified them of my new mailing address. They said I would receive the ACD February issue first (I still didn't receive Sept thru Jan even at my previous address - which I still own the house). I have yet to receive my MN. So, why would I not receive back issues and why do you think they have such difficulties with this magazine? I paid to receive them. If we can buy these off the newstand I won't renew!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:00pm
post #17 of 18

There have been problems with timely delivery of both ACD and MBN for quite some time. I checked their website, looking for when the next issue is supposed to mail. It's still on the March/April issue for MBN. It's so-o-o frustrating! I can't buy MBN on the newstand, though ACD is available at a local craft store where I do all my cake/cookie shopping. It just costs more than the subscription price. On the plus side, I can flip thru it and see if it interests me enough to buy it! I sure wish they'd get their act together.

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:21am
post #18 of 18

They must be experiencing some changes because I had not have a problem until this year. I forgot about the april/may issue and I have not received it either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%