Fondant Taste ???

Decorating By kimb Updated 18 May 2009 , 4:26am by TexasSugar

kimb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimb Posted 17 May 2009 , 10:26pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone really like the taste of fondant?

I enjoy using it, it makes a really pretty finished product, and it's easy, but it tastes like crap!!

Yes, I've used several different recipe's including MMF. Yuk!![/i]

6 replies
raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 17 May 2009 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 7

Have you tried Michele Foster's fondant? It's delish. I use the white chocolate variation (add 6 oz good white chocolate and substitute the liquid with white choc/macadamia nut coffee creamer) and everyone loves it, my dd peels it off the cake and eats it (a bit too much for me).

JennQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennQ Posted 17 May 2009 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 7

have you tried flavoring with oils. we add 1/4 tsp of orange oil and 1/4 teaspoon of lemon oil and have had lots of compliments. The oils are available in the candy making section of your supply store.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:01am
post #4 of 7

I love the taste of MMF. It tastes like circuis peanuts! But, I have not ever used it to cover a cake, just to make things that go on the cake.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 18 May 2009 , 4:11am
post #5 of 7

Yes of course, many people like the taste of fondant.

I like Satin Ice fondant, both vanilla and dark chocolate.

Today in a pinch I had to buy some Pettinice chocolate fondant, and that was REALLY yummy.

I never did like MMF because I don't like marshmallows! icon_smile.gif

Toba Garett's fondant is yummy too.

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 18 May 2009 , 4:20am
post #6 of 7

I like the taste of Michelle Fosters.

I decided to buy some Satin Ice for the first time and absolutely love the vanilla but especially the Dark Chocolate...I think it taste like fudge. This is well worth the money.

You definitely have to add flavoring to the MMF otherwise it just taste like sugar.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 May 2009 , 4:26am
post #7 of 7

I think that 90% of people that don't like fondant don't like the texture of it rather than the taste. My family just doesn't like the chewiness of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%