Question About Sending A Cake Long Distance, Help Me Please!

Decorating By abra526 Updated 17 May 2009 , 10:23pm by diane

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 17 May 2009 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 3

My mom's bday is on June 8th. She lives a long distance away, but I thought her getting a custom cake from me would be really special. My dad is coming to visit me at the end of May, and will be going back to the same town that my mom lives on on June 2nd. My question is this: If I make a simple cake with a FBCT, and send it back with my dad, can he freeze it when he gets home, then deliver it to her on her bday 6 days later? How well do you think it will hold up? I just really want to so something special for her since she lives 9 hours away, and I don't get to be with her for her bday. Any advice would be helpful!

2 replies
vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 17 May 2009 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 3

You have the same sweet thoughts for your mom that I did. Last December, I sent my mom a b'day cake. I'm in Michigan, she's in Arizona.
I made a regular choc. cake but thought using the pieroettes around the cake and tying a pretty ribbon around it would be secure. Then I packed the cake in a gallon ice cream tub. Put that into another box (all padded) and put that padded box into another box. It cost me $100 to ship it overnight. Well, my mom got it the next day. She was thrilled and I never heard the end of it on how excited and thrilled she was! She told everyone about her daughter sending her a b'day cake. I was thrilled that she was so thrilled till my dad sent me a pic of her and the cake......
it was squished a bit!

I was so upset, but I can tell you, it didn't matter if it was smashed like a pancake or not, my mom couldnt' stop talking to her friends about it.

Oh, and one word of caution....if you do send it, even though mine was a big squished, do NOT send it through UPS. They will tell you their boxes go head over heals on their conveyor belt.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 17 May 2009 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 3

i don't think there will be a problem with it...as long as it's not too hot it should do fine. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%