Which Image Transfer Do You Prefer? Ri, Fbct Or Chocolate?

Decorating By ZlatkaT Updated 19 May 2009 , 3:23pm by learnincakes

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 7

OK, I tried RI, and I decided to pass on that (it is pain, and it is hard to give a details, it is fragile, and takes more time to dry etc..). FBCT works great is fast, gives more details, but not as smooth (in my case). I am going to learn chocolate transfers, and as I saw some of the cakes here on CC, the images looks very detailed and smooth. What I would like to ask is:
to purchase bunch of colored candy disks, or stick with white disks and purchase bunch of candy colors? What gives more convenience, and is maybe cheaper? I would like to know your opinion. And which transfers do you prefer??? Thank you!

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 May 2009 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 7

I usually do the FBCT, but this is mostly because I am a last minute person. icon_wink.gif It is something I can do while the cake is cooling or even baking.

I also like royal icing transfers or the color flow technique, especially since it is something that can stand up on a cake.

I've only done the chocolate one once with little flowers. They came out okay for what I wanted, but my problem was the chocolate/candy melts, set up fast so I had bubbles and holes in places.

I keep the different colored candy melts on hand since they can be used for different things. And if I am looking for something quick they are ready to go. But the colors may not be the colors you are looking for me all the time, so you probably want to have some oil based colors on hand as well as white melts.

ZlatkaT Posted 19 May 2009 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you, I don't really like RI anymore. FBCT is great, and the chocolate technique I had to learn....

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 19 May 2009 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 7

what is FBCT? If you don't mind my asking, thank you.

ZlatkaT Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 7

FBCT - frozen butter cream transfer

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 7

ive tried the color flow,and the fbct,and the choc transfers.i really like using the choc because it dry's or harden's quick.

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:23pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%