Help With Petal Veiners

Decorating By Charmed Updated 17 May 2009 , 4:51pm by Charmed

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 17 May 2009 , 1:44am
post #1 of 8

which petal veiners do you recommend for veining flowers? do you have a preference? thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

7 replies
blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 17 May 2009 , 1:59am
post #2 of 8

I Just thought I would get you a bump. I use one at work but have no idea who makes it.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 17 May 2009 , 2:13am
post #3 of 8

I use Scott Clark Woolley's ...easy, inexpensive and he has as many kinds as you could possibly need that are specific to a particular flower or leaf...or you could just use the 'all purpose' ones.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 May 2009 , 2:31am
post #4 of 8

I LOVE First Impressions Molds petal veiners. Nicholas Lodge designed them and while they are a little spendy, they are well worth it. They are made from the actual flowers and leaves. www. firstimpressionsmolds. com

Jennifer Dontz also sells some fantastic ones. www. sugardelites. com

I have not yet ordered from Scott Clark Wooley, but he does have a BUNCH of stuff at great prices. I sent him a question the other day about what veiners to use for the Bird of Paradise flower, and he answered very promptly. I didn't order from him because I looked in a bag of stuff I had bought at the Austin Cake Show a couple of months ago and discovered with great joy that I had purchased the cutters and veiners for that flower from Nick. icon_biggrin.gif

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 17 May 2009 , 7:03am
post #5 of 8

Depending on the type of petal you are making (eg larger lilies), you can get a great effect using carn husks too!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 17 May 2009 , 7:04am
post #6 of 8

OOOPS!! CORN husks, not carn husks (whatever they are!) icon_smile.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:06pm
post #7 of 8

Ooh, good suggestion, evoir!

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:51pm
post #8 of 8

I have seen scott's veiners and I think I will go with those. thanks everybody thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%