Help!!!

Decorating By jesusfan10 Updated 17 May 2009 , 4:06pm by all4cake

jesusfan10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesusfan10 Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 8

I'm making my sister's wedding shower cake in two weeks. Originally I was planning to make about 100 gumpaste roses to go on top each cupcake. However, as time is running out I'm looking for something else I can put on top of the cupcakes that would be very elegant.
I'm gona have it set up in tiers with the cake on top and the cupcakes on the other levels. I'm still planning on doing gumpaste roses on the top. Any ideas would be wonderful. Thanks.

7 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 16 May 2009 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 8

What about molded chocolate roses? Or hearts, or something else that may go with the shower theme

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 16 May 2009 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 8

Why not use an impression mat or a rolling pin that has an impression already on it? I had to make a bunch of cuppies for the school PTA and didnt have time to spend on each of them. So I put a light coat of frosting and then used a daisy rolling pin. Then you can put a little flower on the top made of fondant and a push mold! (by the way, they have rose push molds so it would stay within your theme). And it will be much quicker than trying to a million gumpaste roses!

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 16 May 2009 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 8

what about a royal icing letter (like the first letter of her name)....dry it and stand it up on top.

jesusfan10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesusfan10 Posted 16 May 2009 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 8

Great ideas! I bought a rose mold and was thinking of doing some like that out of chocolate. I will try the royal icing monogram too. I may do both. Thanks a bunch!

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 17 May 2009 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 8

If you have access to an air brush I have taken a pretty fabric lace and laid it on the cake and then air brushed over it. Then when you remove the lace the design is on the cake. You could get lace with a rose pattern on it.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 17 May 2009 , 3:52pm
post #7 of 8

Do people really have bridal showers with 100 people in attendance? That's huge.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:06pm
post #8 of 8

Instead of a whole rose on each cupcake, a gp rose bud would be just as pretty and not as time consuming. It would be a nice arrangement since the top will have the full flowers (and possibly some buds too) on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%