Yay! I Don't Have A Broken Leg Anymore

Lounge By Texas_Rose Updated 15 May 2009 , 1:50pm by linedancer

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 3

I went and had xrays on my leg yesterday and it's all healed up icon_smile.gif I broke it in February and had to have surgery on it, a metal plate and 8 screws put in. The doc said I can walk without a walker or a cane now (she hasn't tried being me, LOL). So yesterday I took my first real steps in 3 months...wobbling and limping but really walking.

When I broke my leg, it was just by falling out in the yard in the mud. It was the kind of break that happens more often in motorcycle accidents. I broke my foot a couple of years ago and my hand about 8 years ago, not in car accidents, just dumb things around the house (the foot was a victim of platform shoes). Those were minor compared to the broken leg, no surgery needed to fix them. I used to drink Diet Coke by the gallon, just about...DH and I would go through a 3L bottle a day, sometimes more. The doctors said I had to quit drinking Diet Coke if I wanted to be able to walk ever again...apparently the phosphoric acid in it leaches calcium from the bones and my bones were weakened from drinking so much of it. I had no idea it could do that much damage to me, they should put a warning label on it.

2 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:30pm
post #2 of 3

Glad to hear you're up and around - now just be careful icon_biggrin.gif

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 15 May 2009 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 3

I feel for you, I broke my ankle three years ago, with the same results, surgery, plate and five screws. Take heart from the fact, I can now linedance again. You take care and go girl, just be careful for awhile. It does get even better with time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%