Fondarific Fondant...yay Or Nay?

Decorating By bakermommy4 Updated 16 May 2009 , 9:52pm by Redlotusninjagrl

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:52am
post #1 of 6

I'm going to start focusing on fondant. I've used mmf fondant before and it worked out fine. I've been reading on cc about satin ice...pettinice...blah blah blah...has anyone ever heard of or used a brand called Fondarific? I visited their site and they have great "sounding" flavors like tutti fruiti, chocolate cherry, etc. But you guys know that Wilton says their fondant has great flavor and ummm, yeah right. So, anyone heard of this type of fondant?

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 15 May 2009 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks, from all of those threads it seems worth the price (it is a bit pricey). I'm gonna go for it and order a sample pack.

Thanks again for the thread links!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 May 2009 , 5:51am
post #4 of 6

You're very welcome. icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 6

We use it a lot...For regular fondant-covered cakes, we suggest using the chocolate, vanilla, or buttercream...Save the fruit flavors for chocolate truffles or for decorations or for melting and dipping cupcakes in...A totally covered watermelon-flavor? We LOVE watermelon, but not necessarily that much!!!

Paul & Peter

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 16 May 2009 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 6

Yay! Even the exotic flavors are a little mild, but I just have a sampler. I haven't eaten a watermelon covered cake, nor would I really want to. But it is delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%