Are You Kidding Me????ahhhh

Baking By madgeowens Updated 20 May 2009 , 1:22pm by Vylette

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:44am
post #61 of 85

Someone actually asked for a pfoto, I am tempted to go take a picture of this blob hahaha.......hey thats it..........did you ever see the movie The Blob with Steve McQueen...........reminds me of that too hahaha......well last night anyway....today its terded up a bit

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:50am
post #62 of 85
Quote:
Quote:

"terded up a bit"

That is hysterical!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:57am
post #63 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

k8memphis

thats a good idea......I can make a cake shaped like a diseased liver and give away slices at the tavern down town LOL
or one of the fast food places I can just..............no I won't go there hahaha

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

madgeowens Posted 16 May 2009 , 4:10am
post #64 of 85

You are having a good time aren't you hahah

-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2009 , 4:17am
post #65 of 85

Wanna hear a true and sad story? This is a complete change of attitude and atmosphere here--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I worked in this bakery for years. And this one man would come in very regularly, at least once a week sometimes several times a week. He ordered a jillion 6" or7" cakes and happy birthday written on them for a million different people and a little number by the name, a 1 a 2 , 4, 7. so it'd be HB Tom 3, Mark 1, Jane 1, Ramon 2.

And he always wanted all these names & numbers crammed onto this little bitty cake and I was just a crabby cake decorator but after a while I finally got into doing the cakes up nice for him. But he was mostly last minute and a lotta names on a little bitty cake--annoying to a cake decorator--shame on me.

I'd try to leave off the flowers to fit all the names and he would have to talk me into cramming a coupla flowers on there. Was very important to him.

Over all those years I finally figured out it was for AA--cool huh? This little older gentleman would treat the AA'ers to a cake on their 'birthday'. And he was very very careful to get the names & numbers just right--was very important. But he was real secret about the whole thing--never let on himself that is was for AA.

One of his deranged AA members that he counseled shot him dead. And I was just looking it up and it appears as if the guy who shot him (and another person) got off on not guilty by reason of insanity.

http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/OPINIONS/tcca/PDF/022/FlakeC.pdf

There's no moral to the story. Except I hope I leave as nice a legacy to almost perfect strangers some day as Mr. Bizot left for me/us.

madgeowens Posted 16 May 2009 , 9:24pm
post #66 of 85

That is so sad. He is sure to be in heaven!

On another note...............too cheer you up....I was able to turn the terd into black tada!!!!

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 16 May 2009 , 9:32pm
post #67 of 85

LOL

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 16 May 2009 , 9:32pm
post #68 of 85

LOL, congrats on a black mound poo

madgeowens Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:00am
post #69 of 85

Yes I am so proud........thanks

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:03pm
post #70 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

cathie_shinnick

Some others said they do it that way. How much red do you use then? I don't know if I want to try again this time.....but I might LOL
Thanks everyone...........I can't find americolors or powder colors around here, we live in rural hick area....so I guess they think we don't want to use anything so dern fancy smanchy haha

I have none of those near me either. That's what online shopping is for..yay!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:09pm
post #71 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

But he was real secret about the whole thing--never let on himself that is was for AA.

"Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities."

icon_wink.gif

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:14pm
post #72 of 85

Satin Ice for my Red and Black. No fuss and it always turns out perfect.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:17pm
post #73 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratch

I never make red fondant... it's such a pain in the rear end... especially with the wilton colors. Americolor red works much better, and if you can get some powdered colors even better.

BUT... I just buy red and black fondant. It's not worth the hassle to make if you ask me... WELL worth the price. icon_lol.gif

I too always buy the red or black fondant because I could never, ever get those colors. And, I don't even want to attempt red/black buttercream icon_biggrin.gif

Rikki0422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikki0422 Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:24pm
post #74 of 85

Americolor "super red" works good for me! Of course it does get sticky because of the amount you have to use but I just add more ps to stiffin' it up. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:36pm
post #75 of 85

Oh I hate red fondant, but I don't know a place to buy it online so I colour it myself,I just keep adding till I get the colour I want or near it anyway.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:39pm
post #76 of 85

If you had an airbrush I would so tell you to use it. I have always used so much color in fondant and never quite get the coor I really want. The whole kneading and color getting on my hands....aaargh. But ever since someone mentioned to use an airbrush for black, I'm hooked. A little color goes a long way and it so much quicker too. Perfect results.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:56pm
post #77 of 85

K8, that's one of the saddest things I've ever read... but, thanks for sharing. icon_cry.gif

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:22pm
post #78 of 85

I don't know what you call them over there frankfurters?, but we call them saveloys and I ask the butcher for the red dye they use in these. A good colour and can be used in conjuction with other reds. Always leave overnight to get a good red colour.

madgeowens Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:35pm
post #79 of 85

I tried satin ice, but it cracks and tears, so I am not a big fan of that....I mean if I pay that much for fondant I expect great results. My leather jacket, the next day was all cracked and I had to quickly remake one. So thats why I tried to make the red......arggggggggg is right......however, I did get black from it all haha.......would not want to eat it, but the next time I try and make a car (heavenhelp me) I have stuff for the tires hehehe. Its a riot.when I was neading this black, my hands turned red...not black lol

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:52pm
post #80 of 85

Do a google search for chefmaster liqua gel color and order red and black. It will be the best money you have ever spent. You will get and red and black instantly without using a lot and it won't taste bad.

-K8memphis Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:24am
post #81 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

K8, that's one of the saddest things I've ever read... but, thanks for sharing. icon_cry.gif

It is sad, sweet though too. What was cool is he made a believer out of crabby ole me without ever telling me what was up either. Mr. Bizot, you never heard of a sheet cake? All those names will fit on a sheet cake! Hello.

Later, I really tried to make his cakes really really cool despite having too many names on that little bitty surface. He just really cared about allll those folks. Seemingly the last person on earth you'd ever think that'd get shot like that. He went out serving others, in his office doing his work. A chilling mind numbing tragedy and an enduring inspiration. Wow.

madgeowens Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:37am
post #82 of 85

thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:43am
post #83 of 85

I'm skipping over all the posts, so if this has been mentioned or suggested forgive me. I had some students that wanted to make red buttercream, and instead of using water in their buttercream they used the red liquid food coloring that comes in the bottle. They used the amount they would have used for the water, so it didn't add extra liquid to change the thickness of the icing.

I'm wondering if you could do the same thing when making red fondant if your recipe calls for some water?

I've been successful making red fondant using the Americolor red coloring. Once just mixing it in a small amount of fondant. The other time I was making a full batch of red, and added it when I was making the fondant so I was able to adjust the sugar while the mixer was doing the work.

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:24am
post #84 of 85

also, be careful to not let it be in the light too much. I finally got my fondant a red/red for a red hat cake...it looked nice, then the next morning it was orange....I think because I let it sit out and didn't cover it from the light.

Vylette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vylette Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:22pm
post #85 of 85

I feel your pain! I totally changed the color scheme of a cake because I didn't want to tackle making red fondant icon_cry.gif
so....I went with a Tiffany blue and black. LOL
But, that doesn't help you, does it??

how is it today?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%