Cake Baking And Decorating As Therapy

Lounge By mmdiez10 Updated 20 May 2009 , 5:42pm by jensenscakes

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 9

Hi All:
Am I the only one who uses cake baking and decorating as therapy? Whenever I feel down or miss my girls that are away at college, I get in the kitchen and bake something. Or make some gumpaste flowers. My husband can always tell when something is up because there is a cake on the counter and no holiday or birthday on the calendar. He will be extra attentive and buy my favorite ice cream or even say "don't cook tonite, let's have Chinese food". Creating something beautiful and edible brings me joy. And having CC members comment on my cakes is so encouraging. Thanks you guys. Who needs a $200/hour therapist when there is cake!

8 replies
KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 9

i use caking as therapy also...some of my best cakes are produced when i'm stressed! I like kneading fondant when I'm upset about something it helps me to relieve alot of tension!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 9

Oh yes absolutely!!! It's *therapy* that pays me!! icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 9

I don't know--I think I need therapy because of the cakes.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 15 May 2009 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 9

Yup, me too. If I'm bored, or sad, or worried, or lonely, I bake. I made great bread when my mother was having surgery!

Lisa2416 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa2416 Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 9

Cookies are my therapy! My family can always tell when I am stressed by the number of cookies cooling in the kitchen. icon_biggrin.gif

destinyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destinyrn Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:59pm
post #7 of 9

Cake baking and decorating has really been therapy for me. I had a major tradegy last year and I decided that I needed something to focus on. I always loved to bake. I started taking the Wilton classes. I wish I had more time to devote to it. I feel like I spend more time on CC icon_smile.gif

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:01pm
post #8 of 9

Cakes are my therapy too! There isn't anything better than coming home from a horribly long day at school and going into the kitchen to make a yummy and beautiful cake- it's a huge pick me up!

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:42pm
post #9 of 9

Wow I thought I was tho only one who did this. It's so relaxing to sit down for two hours and not think. It really relaxes me and keeps my focus off of other problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%