Some Good Advice (Trust Me On This One!)

Decorating By jimandmollie Updated 23 May 2009 , 12:04pm by Lita829

missyd4e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyd4e Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:31am
post #31 of 40

I am glad everyone is ok. I am an ER/ICU nurse and I actaully had someone come in because they could not get the tip off on their own. They actually ended up getting a few stiches!

Neelas_wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neelas_wife Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:39am
post #32 of 40

Glad u r ok...TC and thanks for sharing your story with us....

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 18 May 2009 , 8:09pm
post #33 of 40

Thanks everyone. I don't feel quite so bad after all the other horror stories! lol I am fine though, no stitches or lasting ill effects! icon_biggrin.gif

I did cringe a bit at the sewing machine needle through the nail though. ooooohhhhh the pain that must have been! I am also a quilter but have never had the pleasure of a needle through the nail. Man, I probably shouldn't have said that..... lol knock on wood!

And really, cutting yourself on yogurt? How in the??? Wait, probably the same way I impaled myself on a tip! lol *shakes head laughing*

At least we can laugh at ourselves! icon_biggrin.gif

Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 18 May 2009 , 8:25pm
post #34 of 40

OUCH! That must have hurt so bad!! About a year ago I had to make a Cars cake with the shaped cake pan. I finished sooo late at night and was washing the dishes as fast as I could and I guess my thumb slid on the pan just the right way because the egde of that cake pan put a nice big slice in my thumb! It felt like a paper cut times 100!! Now I am EXTRA careful when I am washing any shaped cake pans! icon_razz.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 18 May 2009 , 9:08pm
post #35 of 40

I was trying to cut the end off of a disposable plastic decorating bag this past Saturday and actually cut my finger with the scissors!

I'm in good company!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 18 May 2009 , 9:51pm
post #36 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmollie

And really, cutting yourself on yogurt? How in the??? Wait, probably the same way I impaled myself on a tip! lol *shakes head laughing*

At least we can laugh at ourselves! icon_biggrin.gif

It is those danged foil lids. It is amazing at the things that you would never in a million years believe would ever hurt you and then you gotta get to the ER. No, Tim the Tool Man stuff unless you go extreme. Can you imagine an ER doc asking what you were doing and you tell him I was making a cake? icon_redface.gif

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 23 May 2009 , 11:11am
post #37 of 40

Mollie I did the same thing with the large icing tip except I got 2 fingers stuck in the teeth. My Mom had taken DD to the park so I could "work" and Dh wasn't home. All I could think was how am I going to drive myself to the fire station with this thing on my hand? Finally was able to bend it enough to back my fingers off the teeth. Wish I had thought of the pliers, will keep that in mind for the next time lol.

Sue

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 23 May 2009 , 11:33am
post #38 of 40

ouch!!! I'm so glad you are ok! I think I might be putting my tips on wrong though.... I push the coupler down and then cut my icing bag, then put the tip on the outside and then put the ring on... It has been working for me and now squished fingers.... Am I doing it wrong? or is this a bigger tip with now coupler?

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 23 May 2009 , 11:48am
post #39 of 40

Yes, it's a huge tip with no coupler and I think I was actually trying to get it out of the bag because it wasn't a disposible one, oh well, live and learn (the hard way)

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 23 May 2009 , 12:04pm
post #40 of 40

Ouch, jimandmollie...that sounds painful icon_sad.gif . I hope that everything turned out well.

I'll heed your warning

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%