Two-Tiered Ice Cream Cake??

Decorating By cakeandpartygirl Updated 15 May 2009 , 5:05am by Ballymena

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 14 May 2009 , 9:30am
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever done or heard of this?? Would I be crazy if I attempted this? It is a tinkerbell themed cake. I was thinking of course some fbcts but does anyone have any other suggestions, including to tell me that I am off of my rocker icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Frecklepuss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frecklepuss Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe ask the staff at Dairy Queen ... at least they might know if it would be possible! Sorry I have nothing else .... good luck though, I hope it works out!

Frecklepuss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frecklepuss Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 5

I don't know the rules about posting links from other sites so I hope I don't get in to trouble. I found this conversation for you ... http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/ice-cream-wedding-cake
at least it may give you some more ideas. Sorry I don't have more info!

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:35am
post #4 of 5

Um, if it were me Id have to say HECK NO! lol. Ive made plenty of ice cream cakes and if it were me I wouldnt bother with it. A single tier, yeah. I love making them, but I can imagine it may be more trouble than its worth it you are talking about multiple tiers.

First off, do you have the freezer space?
Can you decorate a two tiered ice cream cake fast enough before it melts?

Of course its up to you, but if it were me Id make it easy on myself. icon_smile.gif

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 15 May 2009 , 5:05am
post #5 of 5

I do layers a lot. I have a dark and a white chocolate method, I will do either or a mix of both. Bottom layer is a dense chocolate cake, cover with chocolate ice cream and a chocolate malt topping, then a layer of white or yellow pound cake, vanilla ice cream and a white chocolate malt topping, cover that with a chocolate cake layer. Freeze over night. Frost with stabelized sweetened whipping cream, this must be done quickly, pipe borders if you have the time before the melting starts, if not freeze for a half hour and then quickly pipe borders. Put back in freezer for an hour Any decorations must be prepared ahead of time so they can be quickly put on, I like to use fondant decorations. Take out of freezer and decorate as fast as possible, it's possible you may have to put the cake back in the freezer a time or two if your decorations are complicated, best to keep it simple. Freeze for several hours before serving.
I have delivered these in a cooler lined with ice packs. I would not deliver more than a 1/2 hour away. People have picked these up from me from about 45 minutes away and I have warned them but never had a complaint.
If you want my recipe just let me know and I will post it. It's delicious and I don't like ice cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%