I'm An Idiot!!!

Lounge By Tita9499 Updated 14 May 2009 , 9:27pm by favrtdtr

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:23am
post #1 of 20

...yes, I said it (of course I don't mean it) and I don't want anyone replying: "Here, here!" icon_lol.gif

So I have a cake order that I'm doing as a favor for a friend of mine: 2 dozen princess carriage sugar cookies, a castle cake for 30 people and 2 dozen cupcakes w/gumpaste tiaras.

Been prepping and baking all this week with my focus being on the sugar cookies because I know they'll take the most attention. So I make the cookie cutter and dough, bake the carriages and wheels. I double and triple count to make sure I got everything I need to begin decorating and assembling, yep, got 'em 26 carriages (in case of breakage) and 24 wheels-check!

**Okay so by now, some of you nerds are sitting there saying, "Uh, Tita, if you need to make 2 dozen carriages, then you need 48 wheels: you know, two wheels on each carriage...24x2=48?". All I have to say to you is..."WHERE WERE YOU YESTERDAY?"**

Where was I? Oh yeah- I'm an idiot.

So I'm decorating and decorating. Got it all hooked up, feeling pretty good about myself (I mean I'm no TracyLH, but I try). I even decorate the wheels and count them AGAIN to make sure I got enough, yep! Still 24! So I'm starting to put the wheels on the carriages and after the 10th carriage, I realize, I don't...have...enough...whee...WHAT THE?!?!? Oh, crap! Okay, so that's when I realize that I'm a moron and now I have to bake more cookies and decorate tomorrow.

I really do hope my stupidity makes someone laugh tonight. No matter how bad it is, at least you know how to count.

19 replies
Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:28am
post #2 of 20

Um... that's is... unfortunate. I am... very sorry that you are... not able to... accurate count your... needed wheels.

Whew, I can't hold back any more smart comments, I'd better go!

*snicker*

Luv ya anyway! (You're sure you're not really a blonde trapped in a brunette's body??)

Tita9499 Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:38am
post #3 of 20

Who knows, as much as I change my haircolor, I may very well be.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:42am
post #4 of 20

...Mama said there'd be days like this....

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:56am
post #5 of 20

Okay, you did make me laugh out loud! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh my goodness Tita! I've done things like this myself!! You poor thing icon_lol.gif (but it is so funny!)

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:57am
post #6 of 20

Oh Tita - I'm just so glad I'm not alone in the "We're NATURAL blondes Club" LOL....been there and done that!! Sorry for the extra work hun

Tita9499 Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:00am
post #7 of 20

I think the thing that makes me feel so stupid is that I sat there and counted them so many times and thought, "Sweet! I'm set!" That's what makes you look around to see if anyone else noticed.

favrtdtr Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:04am
post #8 of 20

I hear ya - that's the part I've done too - ya just feel so dumb when u figure it out cuz you just knew you'd gotten it right.....or so you thought.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:05am
post #9 of 20

Well...sadly I've done the same thing. Counted something over and over and had no idea that I was short. To make it worse, I work in accounting...yep High Finance here - couldn't count to save my life that day! I blame lack of sleep. lol thanks for the laugh.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:17am
post #10 of 20

yup. Been there. but on the other side of the fence. I made double what I actually needed. Nice for the kids and DH, though.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:48am
post #11 of 20

that is too funny. I have Iced miralax tea all over monitor. The scope is in 6 hours. That was the last I was supposed to have and the monitor took it all thru the nose! I am not singing wheel SSS on the carriage go round and round. Late night stupor, gotta love it

Please post the pics on this thread instead of starting your own, look at my pic thread. Aren't those just annoying?

Melvira Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:24pm
post #12 of 20

You know, what I can't figure out is where you got the number 24 at all. I mean, even if you had a brain fart and thought you only needed one wheel per carriage... yah... you probably already know that so I won't point it out. It's just part of the humor that is this situation, right? It's good stuff. Plain and simple, you gotta be able to laugh at yourself. Otherwise you'll make yourself crazy.

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:37pm
post #13 of 20

Tita--thanks for sharing. I like hearing some one else's thought process through a project like that and then to know that you are human--really helps the rest of us out. I can't wait to see the finished product. Hang in there!!

Tita9499 Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:06pm
post #14 of 20

Too human for it to be funny Aquamom!

Melvira, I made 26 carriages right? Well I figured I'd have to be a moron to break a circle, so I didn't bother to make extras of the wheel and yes, I figured "I have 26 carriages, but only need 24 so 24 wheels is enough". I just didn't think about the darn thing needing to be even. Could you imagine a carriage with just one wheel and the carriage man having to balance the carriage like it's a teeter totter. He'd be hanging from the gallows by the end of the night!

So today I'm baking to sugar cookie wheels. I figure I'd make EXTRAS and give them to the babies. Hopefully I don't have to make another thread saying I made 48 this time...I only need 24!!! (is that right? I have 12 carriages? LOL!)

Melvira Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:21pm
post #15 of 20

Ok, the other two carriages were extras... I get the math now! icon_lol.gif

I have to tell you... this is not the stupidest thing I've heard lately. We won't get into that. icon_rolleyes.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:24pm
post #16 of 20

oh, Mel, know you peaked my curiousity, what is the stupid thing you have heard about lately?

Melvira Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:44pm
post #17 of 20

Well, honestly there have been plenty, but for one... yesterday I brought my boy home from the hospital and my hubby asked me if he had gotten poked in the eye. I said, "Why?" and he said that his eye was really red in the inner corner. I just looked at him, I was trying to decide if he was making a joke or if he was really that stupid. Yah, he had just essentially had a nose job. His face was swollen, bruised, his eyes were red, etc. I almost didn't know how to respond without including the words, "Duh, you frickin moron." I was somehow able to gently explain that it was all due to the surgery. icon_rolleyes.gif My hubby is one of those guys with a high IQ and NO common sense.

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:59pm
post #18 of 20

Tita, you do know that carriages have 4 wheels and not two. I just wanted to point this out the next time you buy tires for your car so you aren't clumping down the road!! icon_lol.gif

So would that be 48 carriage wheels that you need or 96???? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif (We may have to go help those kids eat all the extra cookies she makes.) icon_biggrin.gif

Tita9499 Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:22pm
post #19 of 20

Melvira, I seriously would've had a long prayer time that night, what with asking for forgiveness for ALL the names I would've called DH after saying that.

Kathy, thanks so much for reminding me. I actually got so caught up in the cookies, that when I read your post I said, "Really? 4? Oh, yeah, just like the car". Thank God I don't buy tires, nor do I have a carriage! LOL!

favrtdtr Posted 14 May 2009 , 9:27pm
post #20 of 20

You guys are hilarious and I love you all

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%