Cake Recipe Needed, Please Help!

Decorating By cakesdelight Updated 14 May 2009 , 6:21pm by cakesdelight

cakesdelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdelight Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:09am
post #1 of 6

I had a request for a Pittsburg Princess Style cake flavor... it suppose to have fruits into the filling... If anyone knows how to make this cake please help me. TIA

SANDY

5 replies
sweet1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet1122 Posted 14 May 2009 , 2:58am
post #2 of 6

I think I'd have to ask the customer to clarify cause I don't get it. icon_confused.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:49am
post #3 of 6
Joyfull4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyfull4444 Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:57am
post #4 of 6

I found this one plus a few other princess cakes but this one looked extra pretty so I thought I'd add it along with jammjenks link. icon_smile.gif

http://www.bakingobsession.com/2009/02/24/swedish-princess-cake/

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 14 May 2009 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet1122

I think I'd have to ask the customer to clarify cause I don't get it. icon_confused.gif

I agree, because she may be thinking of something totally different than a recipe you'll find online. My sister, who lives in Cleveland, told me that a lot of people there have a Cassata cake for their wedding. I'm positive that that's a cake with a cannoli filling, but my sister said no, that it's just a cake with whipped cream and strawberries.
So, even though they call it by the same name, they may be thinking of something totally different -- your best bet would be to pin the customer down as to exactly what they want.

cakesdelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdelight Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone!

I've asked the customer and she said that it had some type of cream (i figure its pastry cream, looking at the recipes) and strawberry glaze, pineapple and lots of whipped cream. Im going to present to her the recipes submitted by ya'll and ask if she wants me to make a smaple just to try... Thanks again Ladies!

SANDY

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%