Nautical Themed Baby Shower Cake?

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 14 May 2009 , 6:36pm by pipercakes

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 13 May 2009 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 6

My sister in law is doing the nursery in a nautical theme. How can I incorporate "baby" and "nautical" together? I looked in the galleries and its mostly fancy stuff like wedding cakes. It all looks very adult. Just curious what suggestions you guys might come up with.

I have been in love with this cake ever since I first saw it. Its a fondant baby under a blanket. If I cant come up with something else I may just attempt it. Did someone here do this cake? I cant remember for the life of me where I got this photo but its ADORABLE. I guess if we cant come up with a better idea I may just make the baby with a nautical themed blankie. Dont you just love this cake? <3
LL

5 replies
txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 14 May 2009 , 12:51am
post #2 of 6

That is an adorable cake!! Do the blanket Nautical theme, and you can do little blocks beside the baby, with a lighthouse, sail boat etc .. on the sides maybe. Or instead of a bear the baby holding, have it be a sail boat or a sea gull maybe .. good luck.

anabelz01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anabelz01 Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:20pm
post #3 of 6

Hi there, I've had this baby boat cake in my favs for ages feel free to take a look! http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1333745.html I think its so cute! Hope it helps! icon_smile.gif

MaloSlatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaloSlatko Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 6

I second anabelz01's suggestion. That's the cake I thought of as soon as I saw the topic.

anabelz01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anabelz01 Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 6

Cheers lekoli isn't that cake just so cute..! I love his little sailor hat and the life ring at the bottom is just perfect!

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 6

I've had this cake in my favorites for a long time... matches a pottery barn baby bedding set called 'Baby Boats'.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=56871

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%