Commercial Kitchen Rental Advice Needed Asap

Business By fsinger84 Updated 14 May 2009 , 11:30am by cocorum21

fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 13 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 3

I finally had someone respond to my add about getting a commercial kitchen to rent. She asked me "I would like to find out a little more about the time/space and equipment you are needing to use." So I thought I would tell you all what my response would be and if you can think of something to add that would be awesome. I was also wondering what you needed to make your business "legit." I am going to start with a business license and look into a catering one as well.

Thank you for responding to my posting. I am currently looking to rent a commercial kitchen to use for my special order cupcake business.

I am looking for a location that at minimum:
1. Is licensed and has passed previous health inspections
2. Has an oven that can accommodate four cupcake pans at a time
3. Counter top where I can assemble cupcakes and ingredients
3. Dishwasher or dishwashing station I can use (and sanitation liquid ect.)
4. Room in a refrigerator to store approximately one gallon of milk, two dozen eggs, and twelve sticks of butter while baking (equivalent of one shelf in standard refrigerator).
5. Stove range with two heating elements
6. Available minimum of five hours a week

Items that are not must haves but I would provide compensation for:
1. Use of storage space for pots and pans (does not need to be shelving, could just consist of area where I can store Rubbermaid containers)
2. Ability to have storage space within the refrigerator (again about one shelf worth)
3. Use of stand mixer (any size)
4. Any type of meeting space where my clients could pick up their items
5. Use of facilities for more than five hours when available and needed

2 replies
fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:37am
post #2 of 3

No help?

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:30am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Quote:

Items that are not must haves but I would provide compensation for:
1. Use of storage space for pots and pans (does not need to be shelving, could just consist of area where I can store Rubbermaid containers)
2. Ability to have storage space within the refrigerator (again about one shelf worth)
3. Use of stand mixer (any size)
4. Any type of meeting space where my clients could pick up their items
5. Use of facilities for more than five hours when available and needed

I wouldn't offer extra compensation. I would say: Items that are not must have but would be benificial. And leave off the part provide compensation. If They have these things available see if you can use them with the rent that you agree to pay. Let them say they want more compensation to use certain things.

just my $.02

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%