Fondant Graduation Caps For Cupcakes?

Decorating By PixiesPastries Updated 21 May 2009 , 1:03pm by PixiesPastries

PixiesPastries Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PixiesPastries Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 5

I have seen lots of cute cupcakes with little fondant graduation caps on them, I know that the tops are just cut out squares and the tassels seem to be buttercream but what I can't figure out is the bottom part of the graduation cap that sits on your head, is it hollow or is it a solid piece? I am doing cupcakes for my daughter's class and thought this would just be perfect. Thank you in advance for all of your help.

4 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 5

you can use, dont know what there called, but little chocolate peanut butter cups for the base and then a chocolate covered cookie for the top. there might be one in my pictures, not sure, its on a cupcake graduation owl, if not pm me and i will see if i can find it. its pretty cute for the younger kids.

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 5

Bakerella made some neat cake pops like that. check out this link:

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/search/label/cake%20pops

scroll down to the peanut butter cups, etc. hth thumbs_up.gif

Shaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaa Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 5

You can also cut a piece of fondant about an inch to an inch and a half wide and how however long you would like. Make a circle and glue end together with vanilla or fondant glue I call it and let dry and glue square on top and you have a grad cap. Kind of like the trinkets boxes from wilton.

PixiesPastries Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PixiesPastries Posted 21 May 2009 , 1:03pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you guys for all of the help, I tested out the caps using all fondant but decided that the kindergartners might just pitch them and not eat them so I am going all buttercream with them and doing the little caps for a graduation party cake later. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%