Cake Balls Chocolate Melting

Decorating By JaneDee Updated 13 May 2009 , 5:08pm by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

JaneDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneDee Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:39am
post #1 of 6

I have to make over 1,200 cake balls for a wedding, 3 cake balls to an individually wrapped little thing for each person. They will be wrapped up in a clear plastic wrap type of thing with a ribbon around it.
It will next month, and most likely really hot. We are worried about the chocolate on the outside of the cake ball melting... She really wants each little 3 cake balls at each persons table instead of having them in one big thing... So like putting them in something cold away from the tables isn't really an option for her.
Does anyone know what to do about preventing them from melting during the wedding day. I really don't want to put them in the fridge because once i do they always sweat really bad and it doesn't go away.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I'm really nervous to turn her down because we're both too afraid the chocolate will all melt.

And I'm not sure if the wedding will be indoors or out but either way I'm sure it will be hot.

5 replies
Cakeandcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeandcupcakes Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:44am
post #2 of 6

Have you thought about doing them with rolled icing instead of chocolate? It'll obviously taste different, but it should hold up better. I don't have any suggestions on how to make the chocolate not melt though. As long as your event is indoors I wouldn't worry about it though.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 13 May 2009 , 11:58am
post #3 of 6

will adding food grade paraffin wax to the chocolate help? i read somewhere that it can but i haven't tried it cause it's not available where i'm from.

i just made 45 cake pops and i almost went mad, so... good luck to you. you can do it!!!!

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:32pm
post #4 of 6

will adding food grade paraffin wax to the chocolate help? i read somewhere that it can but i haven't tried it cause it's not available where i'm from.

i just made 45 cake pops and i almost went mad, so... good luck to you. you can do it!!!!

Can you give any tips? I have to make some this weekend.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 6

Paraffin usually comes in a box, with 4 "bars" to a box. For 1 pound of chocolate use 1/4 of a bar. This will help them hold up, but if it is really hot, I am not sure if even that will work. Make some up and do a little experimenting to see - good luck!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:08pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket0616

Can you give any tips? I have to make some this weekend.

umm... no tips that haven't been on here. i just got so frustrated. they kept sweating so i kept them in the fridge. time to wrap them i got them "hanging out" in the AC room so the condensation would evaporate. then i wrapped them. took me all day between rolling them, putting in the fridge, dipping in chocolate, fridge, dip again, sprinkles, fridge, AC, wrap. okay it was probably 5 hours altogether if i didn't watch two movies in between LOL but i just got so... frustrated. icon_sad.gif the cake balls beat me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%