Recipe & Decorating Books

Baking By jmr53 Updated 13 May 2009 , 2:29am by bakermommy4

jmr53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr53 Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:29am
post #1 of 8

Just wondering...which recipe and/or decorating books would you all recommend?

7 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:33am
post #2 of 8

You should do a search in the forums section. There are literally hundreds of threads about those subjects.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

jmr53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr53 Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:14am
post #3 of 8

hmmm...i did do a search, but it seems like the results are so broad and a lot of unrelated topics pop up. oh well.

oneyracing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneyracing Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:18am
post #4 of 8

i just got the cake doctor book in the mail...i read the whole thing...it had alot of great tips, tricks, and recipes in it..

Cakeandcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeandcupcakes Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:19am
post #5 of 8

I'm a big fan of books like "Hello Cupcake". If you know basic decorating skills books like that help with some new ideas. I've switched to making most of my flowers out of starbust candies because of that book. The kids love it!

adikhawaja1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adikhawaja1 Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:26am
post #6 of 8

Hi! I have the cake bible, it's a really good book with alot of tips and excellent recipes, cheesecake recipe is out of this world!!! hope this helps icon_smile.gif

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:26am
post #7 of 8

I like to go to the library and look at cake decorating books. They have a large selection most of the time and it gives me a chance to look over the book before I decide I want to buy it. I have all the Cake Mix Doctor books and Hello Cupcake. Love those books.

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:29am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyracing

i just got the cake doctor book in the mail...i read the whole thing...it had alot of great tips, tricks, and recipes in it..

I have this book too. It has some awesome recipes in it but not being bias (cuz I just love CC) but, the gourmet recipes here are better, but thats my own opinion.

I also have a couple of Colette Peters books, umm Confetti Cakes and a few others. They all have really great looking cakes in them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%