Pricing Wedding Cupcakes

Business By allibopp5 Updated 13 May 2009 , 7:21pm by cylstrial

allibopp5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allibopp5 Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 4

I've never priced wedding cupcakes before, just hoping for a ballpark. Simple swirl of BC and sugar sprinkles. Wedding is 100 guests, how many cupcakes would you reccommend? Also will provide a small cutting cake for the couple (but I know how to price that icon_biggrin.gif Oh, and I'm in CA...thanks for your advice!

3 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 4

I did a cupcake wedding and charged the same as I would for non-wedding cupcakes. My cupcakes start at $2 each, with additional charges for fancy extras. I wouldn't charge more unless I were providing additional services, like delivering, setting up the display etc.

Regarding servings, I would provide as many guests are invited, because I think there's something about cupcakes which makes people come back for seconds where for regular cake they wouldn't, especially if there are two or more flavours on display. I'm sure that someone more experienced than I would have something to add to that opinion...

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 4

I charge $2.50 per cupcake for basic icing swirl.If they want fancier embellishments it goes up.Delivery is extra.Depends on the size of the bride and groom cutting cake.I charge $3.00 a serving for that.Flowers extra...fondant extra...you get the picture!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 May 2009 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 4

If you're in CA, I would say that you're going to be able to charge quite a bit for each cupcake! Things are just more expensive there and people are just willing to pay the price.

Have you checked with some cupcake companies in the area? That's probably what I would do, and then you can figure it out based on their prices. That way you aren't charging too much, nor too little!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%