Any Ideas For This Shoe Box Would Help Greatly!!!

Decorating By Alice1230 Updated 12 May 2009 , 7:24pm by loriana

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 8

Husband want shoe box of a very expensive shoe....doesn't care which...for his wife. NO fondant and NO shoe....just the box. I wanted to do the shoe with tissue hanging out the box icon_sad.gif Any ideas for what else I could add to it to jazz it up. Its also supposed t say happy birthday on it. I looked up what a manolo box looked like and its plain white...are there any others that are colored? Please help!!!!!!

7 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 8

There are several in the galleries. Here's a link so you can look at them http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=shoe+box&album=-&search_user=

Alice1230 Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 8

I saw those...but they all ahve a shoe with fondant tissue paper and he doesn't want that....any other ideas?

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 8

So he wants a buttercream cake that will magically look like a shoe box? icon_eek.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 8

It can't even have fondant accents? Without that it's just going to look like a oblong cake. I don't know any other way to make a lid, tissue paper, etc.

vicki3336 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki3336 Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 8

Could you use rolled buttercream for the box and lid and gelatin for the tissue paper (like in the gelatin flowers and bows in the tutorial on the How Do I forum)? Just a thought...

Alice1230 Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 8

Crazy right!?!?!? He said absolutely no fondant was to touch the cake. My thoughts are how do I get this thing to look like a shoe box. I think it will turn out boring.

I thought about rolled buttercream...I just don't know how he will react to it.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:24pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice1230

Crazy right!?!?!? He said absolutely no fondant was to touch the cake. My thoughts are how do I get this thing to look like a shoe box. I think it will turn out boring.

I thought about rolled buttercream...I just don't know how he will react to it.

Hmm...he sounds crazy a bit, not the cake. He's probably had bad-tasting fondant (aka - Wilton). Maybe you could get him to change his mind my giving him a taste of your fondant?

If not, maybe you could use Wilton's Cake Decorating book (the book with the taupe background and cake, covered in Wilton roses) on the front to take a look at different tips out there.

There are some larger size straight basket-weave type tips. If you use one of those, without lines, to make the box lid, that might look nice. You could take a sheet of thin plastic, an exacto-knife and trace a pretty scrolling pattern, or even the wording to a high-end designer and airbrush it onto the sides of the "lid". You could write happy birthday, etc.. on the cake board base instead.

Try googling "designer shoes" and get some names of designers. Wish I could help you there... I wear $30 sketchers most of the time!!

Once you have the name of some designers, do a google image search for that name. Im sure you will eventually find a shoe box.

Print out a good picture and use it to work from. Hope this helps a tiny bit and good luck with it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%