Harder Than I Thought... Gp Flower Help!!!

Decorating By korkyo Updated 13 May 2009 , 5:58am by pinkflower1212

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 13

Ok I thought these would be easy but they are not.
Of course they are due this friday. icon_redface.gif

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to make them with the 5 petal rose cutter. (the pink one) but i can't seem to get the center cone part. Maybe a different cutter?

HELP!!!
LL
LL

12 replies
korkyo Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 13

see if this picture is any better.
LL

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 13

It isn't real clear as to what the problem you are having is? Can you be more specific - that flower doesn't look like it has a "cone" in the center from the pics you posted.

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 13

Those are plumeria flowers so I don't know that using the five petal rose cutter would work. have you tried viewing a tutorial on making plumerias? there may be one here on CC or you can try youtube.

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 13

If frangipani or plumeria is what you're going to do, here is a link to a great tutorial.
http://www.fira.com.au/Frangipani.htm
HTH!

gerripje Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 13

If frangipani or plumeria is what you're going to do, here is a link to a great tutorial.
http://www.fira.com.au/Frangipani.htm
HTH!

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:15pm
post #7 of 13

gerripje, that is a great tutorial. You can also use a small bud vase to dry them. I actually have some Wilton pillars that I use -- learned that trick in a Nicholas Lodge gp class.

gerripje Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:46pm
post #8 of 13

Oh, I should look into that. I end up in trouble when it comes to spreading out and drying them. Thanx!

P.S. ooopss! I don't know how I ended up double posting up there icon_confused.gif

mbt4955 Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:57pm
post #9 of 13

These are the pillars I use -- hopefully the picture comes through okay. The flowers sits right down inside and you can fan the petals out on top. Once they firm up a little, you can put them in a foam egg crate or on bubble wrap.

If you wire your flowers, be sure that you get pillars that are long enough for the wires to hang down inside.

Edited to try the picture again ... and again to say ... it doesn't look like the picture is working, but you can check Wilton's website. They are called Crystal-Look Pillars. icon_cry.gif
LL

korkyo Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:18pm
post #10 of 13

Thanks for the link on the tutorial. I think that will get me closer than I am now.

I was using the 5 petal cutter but I think I need my petals to be seperate. I'll try the tear drop shapped cutter.

Any more suggestions for a drying type rack or somethng for these.
The petals drape outward. Having a bit of a time with that too.
Thanks!!!

mbt4955 Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:44pm
post #11 of 13

Check this out ... go to page 8 and find a posting by Cakepro. She uses a calyx cutter to cut 5 exact individual petals from one 5-petal piece of gumpaste. If you can't get to it, PM me and I'll find it for you.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=622934&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=calyx&&start=105

gerripje Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:28am
post #12 of 13

Here is a picture of two that I made using the middle size Wilton leaf cutter and a tear drop shaped one. I tried to make one like your picture, but it didn't work out so well. I think using the 5 petal cutter might work better, then dry it on one of the plastic flower formers. These don't have a wire on them and have quite a big chunk in the back. If I ever need a wire, I get it red hot and stick it in the well dried flower. I hope the picture works!
LL

pinkflower1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:58am
post #13 of 13

check out this video I found. Maybe it will help you to get the right shape you are looking for icon_smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s03-WoYJafk&feature=PlayList&p=275B8B7F732DEA72&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=53

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%