Contract For Baking

Business By MomLittr Updated 14 May 2009 , 9:32pm by ZAKIA6

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 10

I have found Doug's wedding contract, but seem to recall a long while back someone had posted one that was not as involved. Can anyone remember what it was listed under?

deb

9 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 10

The one Doug made pretty much covers everything we've all gone thru.

I know people wonder at why a contract for "just a cake" has to be so long and involved, but it's because people are idiots ...... and every one of those entries have evolved because of a situation we've run into.

I never thought I'd have to put in my contract that "I dont' clean the facility because I'm not a cleaning service", but I had a dad-zilla episode that made me change the contract. (I've never been talked to like that and he threw away about $75 worth of my equipment. icon_mad.gif ). I will not be surprised if someday I have to put in a line about "I dont' do the bride's hair because I'm not a hair stylist." Laugh .... but I'm not a cleaning service, either, and I had to insert that.

You'd think we wouldn't have to put a line in about "If we dont' get paid, you don't get a cake", but people are idiots and you actually have to spell it out for them. You'd think we wouldn't have to tell people that bumping or moving a table with a cake on it could cause the cake to fall and that's not OUR fault ..... but it's happened and it's why we have to spell it out for them.

People are idiots.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:30pm
post #3 of 10

Debi,
You are right. After reading so many threads about the stunts that Brides and their families pull, it is a wonder cake people don't need to finger print them.

How many pages long is your contract?

-Debbie B.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:41pm
post #4 of 10

Mine is two pages in little teeny tiny font. My Terms of Agreement does not include the order forms, cake description, contact info, etc. ... those are separate forms. When I send a quote out to a bride, it's not unusual for me to send 8 pages .... Terms, Summary, Cake order, Cake drawing, buffet, drinks and cover letter.

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 10

I have a one page contract, and only change as needed. It is a word document, and very simple but covers all my bases. If you contact me, I can send it to you.

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:22pm
post #6 of 10

where can i find doug's wedding contract?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 May 2009 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKIA6

where can i find doug's wedding contract?

Here is the link where Doug posted the contract. You just need to download it!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-630887.html

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 13 May 2009 , 7:57pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you all for your input. Being this is a birthday cake I don't think my contract needs to be too detailed, however being a topsy turvy cake that will be delivered the day before it is needed.....knew I needed something to cover my butt!

Izzy, sent you a PM about your contract. BTW, is your town near New Holland.....I camp there every weekend!

deb

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:37pm
post #9 of 10

I am less than a half hour from there!

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 14 May 2009 , 9:32pm
post #10 of 10

thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%