Need Filling Ideas For Cake...no Nuts And No Fruit

Decorating By mamanof3 Updated 12 May 2009 , 8:04pm by Tracy08

mamanof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanof3 Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 9

Which leaves me to ask what can I put in the cake? I'm doing a bridal shower cake no real direction from the person ordering the cake other than there can't be any nuts (allergies) and no fruit filling (the bride doesn't like fruit fillings). So wondering what might be good with either french vanilla cake or chocolate cake (haven't decided on the flavour of the cake...that one's up to me too).

8 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 9

what about a mousse, truffle or ganache filling? if you go to the gourmet flavors thread there is alot of yummy filling ideas. hth icon_smile.gif

renee2007 Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 9

here is the link to it. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554.html hope it works thumbs_up.gif there is a google doc under macsmom signature. if you click on that it will show all the recipes

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 9

What about a filling like flavoured b/c with liqueur? Baileys or something similar? Or a mocha? All would go nicely with chocolate or vanilla.

hth icon_biggrin.gif

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 9

MOCHA WHIP FROSTING! **Insert Singing Angels Here**

Mocha Whip Frosting:
½ Cup Granulated Sugar
½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee
1 ½ Cup HeaveWhipping Cream

2 Teaspoons Vanilla

Directions: Combine all ingredients (EXCEPT vanilla) with an electric mixer using the whisk extension until it is blended, then add vanilla. Beat the mixture on high until light and fluffy like whipped cream.

It's a great filling, it's not too good for the outside because it's so soft and doesn't hold decoration well. Personally, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! Did I mention I love it?...

renee2007 Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:34pm
post #6 of 9

sparklekat, that sounds yummy! I'm definitley gonna try it thumbs_up.gif

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:36pm
post #7 of 9

LOL I was just thinking , hmm I have all those ingrediants on hand... No, Gia, bad....bad.

mamanof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanof3 Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:08pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks for ideas! Mocha whip frosting ....sounds yummy!

Tracy08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy08 Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:04pm
post #9 of 9

How about a cookies & cream filling? I am doing one for a groom's cake this weekend. Chocolate cake with cookies & cream filling, chocolate fudge icing. I got the filling recipe from this website (the one that uses marshmallow cream as the base).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%