beamom Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:33am
post #1 of 4

Hello,

I'm looking for a great recipe for the follow:

pistachio cake
mango icing
key lime cake
citrus icing

I have a couple of wedding coming up and i wanted to introduce new flavors. please help

3 replies
cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:50am
post #2 of 4

Hi beamom, I have submitted a recipe for a very good Key Lime Cake With Key Lime Buttercream. Look in the recipe section here on cc. I think you will like it! thumbs_up.gif

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:51am
post #3 of 4

Hi beamom, I have submitted a recipe for a very good Key Lime Cake With Key Lime Buttercream. Look in the recipe section here on cc. I think you will like it! thumbs_up.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:09am
post #4 of 4

The pistachio cake on Epicurious is deeeeelicious! I highly recommend using the Epicurious 2007 version, which is actually an adjusted version of the Gourmet 2001 recipe where reviewers complained there was too much butter and not enough cardamom (I think). So they revamped it as such: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pistachio-Cake-241050

I would also suggest you add an additional 1/4c coarsely chopped pistachios to the 3/4 cup finely ground, for a more interesting texture; this suggestion was made by Epicurious reviewers and it really helps ensure a pistachio taste.

My other suggestion is to use less orange zest. I think I only used zest from one orange...maybe two. But three definitely would have been overkill.

I have noticed several other sites that use this same pistachio cake recipe, so obviously it is a popular one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%