Question On Wilton's Cookie Pop Pans...

Baking By cakeflake80 Updated 12 May 2009 , 4:26pm by taygetta

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 2

I was hoping somebody had some advise on using the Wilton Cookie Pop pans. I have the circle and flower pans. The problem I run into while baking the cookies is overflow when the dough starts to rise. I have reduced the amount of dough, and it still rises and spills over the top. Is that what's supposed to happen? While baking them, I have been taking them out half way through and pressing the risen dough back into the cavity with the back of a spoon. Once they are done, I do it again immediately after I take them out. The problem with this is that the back of the pop doesn't have a smooth appearence...it's wrinkly and bumpy. Plus, doing that is really a pain!!! I have only made them a few times, and both times I had to make alot so it took forever. I have tried just letting them cook normally and hoping that the dough shrinks back into the cavity once cooled, but they don't. Am I doing something wrong?

1 reply
taygetta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taygetta Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 2

The key to the pop pans is to not overfill. It took me about 3 batches of pans to get it perfect. Fill it only about half-way, leaving about a 1/4" from the top of the cookie to the top of the pan. They have a high learning curve for usage. When you insert sticks you'll have to roll the sticks to get them to be covered in dough. I usually will put another dollop of dough right on top of the stick to make sure it stays. Hope that helps!
Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%