Hard Candy/rhinestone

Baking By alvarezmom Updated 18 May 2009 , 12:02am by lilboo529

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 11 May 2009 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 3

Hello fellow CC'ers. I saw months ago that some one posted a recipe and directions for an easy hard candy recipe. I kinda remember something about water, sugar, and either jello or kool aid mix.... Does any one remember what I'm talking about? Oh and there was a forum about making it from jolly rancers---ring any bells?

I'd like to get an easy recipe to make it..

2 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 17 May 2009 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 3

I dont know about the Kool-aid thing but to make hard candy you basically use a half a cup of sugar to a cup of water. Put it on high heat until it reaches the hard candy stage which is 260 on a candy thermometer. Or dropped in a bowl of cold water it stays together. Then take it off the heat and add your flavoring and color if you choose.
Now you can do something similiar with premade hard candy like Jolly Ranchers where you basically just melt them down and pour them into molds. You can do it on a silpat in the oven or on the stove. Probably even the microwave but you want to make sure you watch it so it doesnt burn.
Hope this helps!

lilboo529 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilboo529 Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:02am
post #3 of 3

The reciepe i use is
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
just bring it to the hard crack stage on a candy therm. take it off the heat and add about a tablespoon of extract and your color and spoon it into the molds, i just made some hard candy lollipops today for my sons party

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%