Destin Florida Area Bakers

Decorating By cakeatty Updated 10 May 2009 , 10:47pm by craftyone65

cakeatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatty Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 4

CC Family: I have a client who is from West TN who is getting married in Destin, Florida in August. She has asked me to make, decorate and send her wedding cake with her for about a 9-10 hour trip. Unfortunately, as most of us would be, I'm not comfortable doing that as I know it probably would not end up there in one piece, and have recommended that she try to find someone in Florida to get her cake from. She is getting ready to order a cake from Publix (she's on a budget) but is extremely nervous about it. Are there any of you who would recommend someone in that area or have any personal information on the cakes Publix does? Thanks for the help!!

3 replies
auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 4

I asked about a month ago for a Destin area decorator for a coworkers wedding. CC member fairycupcakes is from the Sugar Topped Creations bakery in Pensacola. www.sugartoppedcreations.com. Her name is Sharon, and she's been great in helping my coworker out.

cakeatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatty Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! I'll be glad to pass that information along to her. I knew I could count on my CC family to help me out icon_smile.gif

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 4

It would be great if she could find someone other then Publix. I spoke to a woman yesterday who decorates for Publix and she said their prices have gone up alot in the last few months. I have had many people call me sayhing that they called Publix for a wedding cake price quote and it was expensive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%