Please Help...need A Prayer Circle For My Husband.

Lounge By patticakesnc Updated 13 May 2009 , 8:23pm by Tita9499

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:23am
post #1 of 27

Some of you may remember a couple months ago when I took my husband to the ER, he wasn't feeling well. Less than 10 min after we got there he fell over, his heart stopped.

They did surgery and put an ICD (internal cardiac difib) in his chest. This for those that don't know is like a heavy duty pacemaker. Paces his heart if needed and if can't get it doing right it shocks him, like the paddles do but by a wire in his heart.

Today it happened.

He started screaming and it was shocking his heart. He wasn't doing anything (actually went to the restroom). It shocked his heart 6 times in 30 minutes (or less). Let's say by the time the ambulance got here.

He is in the hospital right now. I had to come home to take my meds, shower and catch a quick nap, or I will be NO GOOD to anyone.

I am so scared for him and myself. He is my LIFE. He encourages me on EVERYTHING I do. He is the one who has encouraged me that I can do cakes. I would have NEVER even tried if it not been for him. He is not a good man..he is a GREAT man. Kind, gentle, loving, giving. He doesn't argue, doesn't put people down, doesn't talk behing your back, he is one of those that you just don't find...but I did...not I am afraid I am going to lose him.

He has a 4 way by pass in 98, 2 stents in 2007, the defib in march and now this. He is 44. Please please please. PRAY as hard and as much as you can. Not for me....for him...for his kids...for our grandbaby that adores him. He is so needed...he is the rock that holds us together....please please please......... icon_sad.gif
LL

26 replies
Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:41am
post #2 of 27

I have prayed for your husband's health and your peace. My prayers will continue to be with you. I cannot imagine what you're going through right now. (((((patticakesnc)))))

patticakesnc Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:50am
post #3 of 27

Thank you so much Fran...it means the world to me. It really honestly does...from the bottom of my heart...Thank you.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 10 May 2009 , 7:02am
post #4 of 27

Will keep you both in my thoughts and sending as much healing energy as I can

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:50am
post #5 of 27

I will keep you both in my thoughts & prayers.

Gail

patticakesnc Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:16am
post #6 of 27

Thank you all so much. I spoke to Johnny this morning and he had a really good night so the prayers and positive and healing energies are definitly reaching him. He got some sleep which amazes me, he hasn't slept more than a couple hours in the past few days here with the problem with his leg.

But he did get some rest. I will go back to the hospital later he was going to try to get some more rest and asked no one come up until later this morning.

Thank you all again!

Rcrewof10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rcrewof10 Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:16am
post #7 of 27

Praying for you both. Please update us when you can.

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:36am
post #8 of 27

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!

Ursula40 Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:31pm
post #9 of 27

Don't forget to take care of yourself as well. ok? He needs you to be strong for him as well

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 10 May 2009 , 2:09pm
post #10 of 27

he sounds like a great guy! i will definitely add him to my prayers...

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 10 May 2009 , 2:16pm
post #11 of 27

You are all in my prayers. Keep us posted thumbs_up.gif

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 10 May 2009 , 5:59pm
post #12 of 27

Just said a little prayer for you both. I will continue to pray for him and your family.

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:09pm
post #13 of 27

Patticakesnc, you and your family are in my prayers. Your hubby sounds like a wonderful man.

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:48pm
post #14 of 27

Was the ICD shocking him repeatedly to get his heart back into rhythym? My mom had to get a pacemaker installed a couple of years ago. She goes for her 'readings' every 6 months, and hers has not had to turn on since she's had it (thankfully). She always tells people that it's her heart attack insurance.

Glad to hear that your husband is getting some needed rest. This will help him immensely as he recovers.

Sending positive vibes and a prayer of healing to your hubby and you. He sounds like a wonderful man.

((((((((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Denise

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:01pm
post #15 of 27

Of course you have my prayers!! I do remember your other post about when you took him to the hospital and he passed out. My God I'm just a little bit older then your husband, he's so young to be having such problems.

Did they figure out if it was a malfunction that caused the piece to shock his heart so many times?

Please keep us posted and you will all be in my thoughts and daily prayers! Please take care of yourself too!

(((((((((hugs)))))))))
Debbie xxxx

dlinnane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlinnane Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:47pm
post #16 of 27

Your husband is blessed to have a loving wife who appreciates him so very much - and who will ask for prayers for him! And I pray, right now, that God has mercy on him, and heals and protects him, and gives him a long and healthy, happy life with you and your family. And I ask it in Jesus' name - AMEN!

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:25pm
post #17 of 27

I will be praying for you, your husband and your whole family. I pray that God places His healing hand on your husband, that you feel God's strength and peace. He is right there with all of you, holding you in the palm of His hand.

Melissa

TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:05am
post #18 of 27

I will be praying for you and your family... please keep us informed (as time allows).

TammyH

patticakesnc Posted 11 May 2009 , 11:01pm
post #19 of 27

Hi All, I stopped by for a few things right quick and wanted to update.

He is doing well. They were to do a heart cath today but cancelled. Dr Wylie says there is not reason to do that right now since they just did one 2 months ago. They know it is an electrical problem in his heart. They are going to up the dosage of his meds that is suppose to regulate his heart rhythm and keep check on him for a couple more days there. I am going to go back and stay with him until he comes home in a few days.

Just wanted to update. The dr did say there was another thing they can do but it is a very high risk surgery. It is where they fuse or burn his heart. There is a chance of it not working and a chance or heart attack or death during this type of surgery so they recommend working with his meds first.

I will update more when I can.

Thank you all so much.

Ursula40 Posted 11 May 2009 , 11:38pm
post #20 of 27

Just letting you know, am still keeping you in my thoughts. I hope they can regulate his meds, so that surgery is not nescessary. Hugs all the way from Shanghai

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:17am
post #21 of 27

That sounds like good news. Every time God brings you to mind I lift you all up in prayer.

Melissa

bourbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bourbs Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:21am
post #22 of 27

I said a prayer for your dear husband and for all of you who love him. I pray for strength for you all.

You may want to google "prayer request" sites and post on some.

Blessings and prayers, Marie

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:39am
post #23 of 27

I'm praying for you. Claiming full recovery and good health for your dh

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:47am
post #24 of 27

Oh gosh Patty. I just now saw this thread. I remember the last time you posted about his health issues. I'll say a prayer for you too. I'm glad he's showing improvement.

I hope you have a light week in cake. icon_smile.gif

patticakesnc Posted 13 May 2009 , 6:09pm
post #25 of 27

Hi everyone. We are home. He is doing good, eating and tuna and veggie salad (yes I am making him eat ultra healthy). They sent him home this morning. His heart rhythm has been really good the past couple days. I just hope and pray they stay that way. Although I am so happy to be home with him I am scared to death that something will happen again.

Thank you all again...
Patti

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 13 May 2009 , 7:30pm
post #26 of 27

I'm glad to hear he's home and doing better! Keep your chin up and we'll keep praying for you both!

Gail

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:23pm
post #27 of 27

God is in control. I will pray for your husband's health and full recovery. I'll pray that he becomes a medical "miracle". I'm also praying for your strength and courage as you take care of him.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%