Are You Kidding Me With This?!!! Argggg

Business By oksugar Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 1:26pm by Denise

oksugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oksugar Posted 9 May 2009 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 47

I just got home... Finished with deliveries and ready to relax! So I see that my cell phone (which I forgot to take) has 3 new VM. Ok, these calls are about my last delivery which was at 4:15...which btw was 15 minutes early!!

First call @4:18 MOB: "hi I'm just checking in to make sure everything is ok, call my cell phone since I'm not at home" she says this like she is talking to a little kid, whatever. ok, I assume she's at the church and just doesn't know the cakes are already set up.

2nd call @4:45 unnammed person: " hi we are waiting on a cake delivery so please call us. Thank you."

3rd call @4:48 MOH: "hi this is Amanda's maid of honor and you are about to ruin her Big Day!"

I look at the time, its 6:00 now and the ceremony is at 6:30. I'm furious! My first thought was omg!! I forgot someones wedding cake! I almost pooped myself haha. Then I realized they were referring to the cake I already set up... early! Anyway I call MOH and say the cakes were already set up. She just says "ok thanks" ughhhh so I say " I wish you guys would have checked to see that the cakes were there before you called me" she responds "well it's kind of a big deal so we thought you'd call." I reply " I said in the contract I would be there at 4:30 and i was actually there at 4:15 so there was no reason to call." MOH "ok"

What kind of people stress out the bride for an hour and never even call the reception hall to see if the cakes are there?!! Who ever said cake people even have to call you to tell you they just did what they said hey would do???!

Ohhh I feel better. People are really something.

46 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 May 2009 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 47

I didn't know anybody called to let them know they delivered the cake. I'm assuming 1 person is there to make sure it's been delivered & thats the end of it. I know when I got married i assumed my cake was delivered & it was.

DragonFly2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DragonFly2333 Posted 9 May 2009 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 47

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

I'm not a extremely religious (not pushing a god part) but this is a new country song and I find myself saying this to myself when I'm in situations like yours. Which are often....I work in retail.

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 9 May 2009 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 47

Right, so....don't bother actually checking to see if the cake is actually there, just call and freak out FIRST.

Well, I guess it saves a step. And reality doesn't get in the way of getting your freak on that way, too!

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:04am
post #5 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixphillips

I'm not a extremely religious (not pushing a god part) but this is a new country song and I find myself saying this to myself when I'm in situations like yours. Which are often....I work in retail.

Just wanted to say I love that quote!!!

And I agree...why don't you just call first to check if the cake is at the reception first?? I mean, I would think MOB, Bride herself, and MOH would be really busy and wouldn't want to be bothered with a call confirming a delivery....don't you?

Weird people... sorry you had to go through this! Smile you now get to relax icon_biggrin.gif

mariela_ms Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:10am
post #6 of 47

oh and OKSUGAR- Love your cakes! you do amazing work!

DragonFly2333 Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:12am
post #7 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariela_ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixphillips

Just wanted to say I love that quote!!!

Visit this site...takes a few seconds to load....the song will automatically play.

~Enjoy!

http://www.billycurrington.com/

mariela_ms Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:17am
post #8 of 47

Hey.. I'm not a country fan...but this Billy Currington is kind of hot! icon_biggrin.gif And I like the song too!

DragonFly2333 Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:29am
post #9 of 47

It's his eyes!

shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:44am
post #10 of 47
moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:50am
post #11 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariela_ms

Hey.. I'm not a country fan...but this Billy Currington is kind of hot! icon_biggrin.gif And I like the song too!

You should hear his song "Must be doin' something right"...it's the sexiest song! I could listen to it over and over! swoon icon_rolleyes.gif

oksugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oksugar Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:58am
post #12 of 47

thanks Mariela icon_smile.gif

...took a nap..tons of people got married today...tomorrow is Mothers Day!

Happy mothers day everyone!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:56am
post #13 of 47

They must not have enough drama in their lives.

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:24am
post #14 of 47

People can be so mind-numbingly stupid sometimes. Let's hope she doesn't pollute the gene pool.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:15pm
post #15 of 47

One good reason for not giving out your cell phone number or for being on Twitter! My cell phone is for emergency purposes only - my husband has it and a very select few. I never give it out to brides - if they want to "check in" on me, they call my land line, and my husband filters the calls - only real emergencies get through!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:53pm
post #16 of 47

THis story is just amazing to me. They are NOT at the reception hall, yet they are stressing because they are "waiting" for the cake to arrive? icon_confused.gif And since they are not at the reception hall, they just assume the cake isn't there? SOMEBODY was at the recpetion hall, so why didn't they stress out with THAT person ("is the cake there yet? huh? huh? is it?)

This is what I refer to as crazy-making....... if you try to figure out the logic, you'll go crazy! dunce.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:16pm
post #17 of 47

that's just crazy... and then for the stupid MOH to say that you're "about to ruin" the bride's day? HUH? For a cake that's already delivered and set up? STUPID PEOPLE...

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:26pm
post #18 of 47

This is totally off topic (other than to say, "what can I say?")
BUTTTTTT, OKSugar!!! You are one of my FAVORITE designers, I keep your site bookmarked and I am soooooo excited to see you on Cake Central! I have loved your cakes after stumbling on your site more than a year ago! Welcome! I can't wait to continue to watch you post pix, etc.

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 11 May 2009 , 2:33am
post #19 of 47

A whole bridezilla wedding party! Yeah, we want to bother everyone the day they are prepping for the wedding and tell them we did our job!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:02am
post #20 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by en-passant

People can be so mind-numbingly stupid sometimes. Let's hope she doesn't pollute the gene pool.

LOL, mezzaluna/chutzpah/Shelley, it didn't take you long to create yet another identity and come back to Cake Central. Image

en-passant Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:48am
post #21 of 47

Huh?

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:00am
post #22 of 47

en-passant, she's referring to a very outspoken member of CC, last known as Chutzpah. She has recently been absent and now you appear, sounding quite a lot like Chutzpah.

Hmmmm....where are the CC detectives? We need to figure this out!

en-passant, what does The Hub mean? Makes me think of some book I read. Is it a real place, and I just haven't heard of it?

en-passant Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:16am
post #23 of 47

Aha! Okay. I was, like, what? Now it makes some sense.

Hmmmm. I am outspoken, and I guess I do have 'chutzpah', and I am 'acquainted' with a woman whose screen namne actually IS Chutzpah (on a Jewish Women's Forum).

She had written something once about people being 'mind-numbingly stupid', and I totally LOVE that phrase and say it all the time now. I wonder if it isn't the same person?

I guess I don't consider myself new here, as I've been a 'lurker' for years, mostly looking at pics for inspiration. I am not really a joiner.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:19am
post #24 of 47

I really doubt Chutzpah from CC would be your same Chutzpah from the Jewish Women's Forum.

The CC Chutzpah loudly proclaims her religious beliefs far and wide, and I can tell you for certain she's not Jewish (at least not practicing anyway, I mean she still could be by birth, I guess).

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:35am
post #25 of 47

Wow, I'm not sure I'd speak on anyone's behalf about their religious affiliations, especially someone you don't know personally.

en-passant Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:42am
post #26 of 47

Sorry, Ruth, I guess I wasn't thinking. I don't this other woman personally, but I assumed since she's a member of a Jewish forum that she's Jewish.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:48am
post #27 of 47

en-passant, I didn't have any problems with your comment. I was addressing bizatchgirl's comment. Sorry, I should have hit the quote button. This is the comment that I feel is inappropriate.

"The CC Chutzpah loudly proclaims her religious beliefs far and wide, and I can tell you for certain she's not Jewish (at least not practicing anyway, I mean she still could be by birth, I guess)."

en-passant Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:50am
post #28 of 47

birthday.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 May 2009 , 11:34am
post #29 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

en-passant, I didn't have any problems with your comment. I was addressing bizatchgirl's comment. Sorry, I should have hit the quote button. This is the comment that I feel is inappropriate.

"The CC Chutzpah loudly proclaims her religious beliefs far and wide, and I can tell you for certain she's not Jewish (at least not practicing anyway, I mean she still could be by birth, I guess)."

I don't think this comment was meant to be inappropriate in any way, it was just an explanation. Plenty of people state their religious beliefs on here, no big deal. I've personally been hoping for the return of CC's Chutzpah, I find her witty and amusing. icon_smile.gif But that's just me. icon_twisted.gif

And on the topic of the idiots at the reception hall, they're a bunch of attention-seeking/drama loving dolts.

crazycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycaker Posted 11 May 2009 , 11:48am
post #30 of 47

There are two simple explanations:

1) they thought the cake would follow them throughout the day, sort of like the bride's shadow.

2) they did not know the 5 tier, rose-adorned white butter-cream covered confection that arrived at the reception site at 4:15 was the WEDDING CAKE....ohhh...so that's what a WEDDING CAKE is. We didn't know. How are we suppposed to know these things? Did you know? I sure didn't. Neither did cousin Claire.

Anyway, there you have it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%