Need A Laugh?

Lounge By Rose_N_Crantz Updated 22 May 2009 , 7:57pm by mommyle

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 17 May 2009 , 3:45am
post #61 of 64

years ago, I worked at a hotel that hosted many, many weddings. Reno, go figure. Anyway, we get a call from a nervouse bellhop that needs a brief touch up on a cake. The pastry chef says sure, just bring it up. Rolls his eyes, and leaves for the day. The assistant comes in tells me we will have to do it, code for you fix it. The bellhop walks in about this time with the cake on its side! A 5 tier cake on its side! He then puts it down on the table upside down. We are trying to get it righted and think the problem can't be so bad icon_surprised.gif it is covered in fondant. The bellhop ask, is it my fault the cake is messed up? I guess I should not have put their bags on top! Like carrying it sideways and tossing it about helped!

tiaracakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiaracakes Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:53pm
post #62 of 64

The bellhop ask, is it my fault the cake is messed up? I guess I should not have put their bags on top! Like carrying it sideways and tossing it about helped![/quote]

hilllarious!!!!

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 22 May 2009 , 7:37pm
post #63 of 64

Ok, seriously, you ladies are cracking me up! I'm about to pee my pants.

I'm new to this and I just do it for fun so I don't have any customer stories, but I can share my two favorites from my family/friends thus far:

1) My DH says "I your cakes are great I just wish the frosting wasn't so sweet". WTF? Dude, I love you, but it's SUGAR!!!!! You find me some un-sweet sugar and i'll hook you up.

2) I helped my BF make a a cake for her son for his birthday. I told her what she needed, she purchased the ingredients and brought them over a coulple days early. Cake day comes and we get started. She's mixing the cake, I'm getting ready for the next step. Purchased ingredients on the counter. I ask "Where's the butter?" She replies "Right there" pointing to a gold box. I look at it, pick it up, wrinkle my nose and say "This?" her reply "Yes". Last time I checked PARKAY was MARGARINE! I said "No, I need butter". 5 minutes later we are still in the parkay/butter loop. I go to the fridge, get BUTTER and show it to her. Her reply "What's the difference?" I looked at her and said "go finish mixing the cake". No, she doesn't bake, and now she knows if I tell her butter I don't mean PARKAY. (Wow, weird commercial flashback).

Thanks for the laugh ladies!!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 22 May 2009 , 7:57pm
post #64 of 64

I needed these giggles today! My DS and I are sitting on the couch watching Thomas and eating cake for lunch. Cake is a cure for the flu, right????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%