leah_s Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:33am
post #1 of 78

is open for business.

Who's working on what?

77 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:37am
post #2 of 78

I am working on a bottle of wine. Delivered all mine today.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:39am
post #3 of 78

Jealous.

I have 4 wedding cakes, 2 groom's cakes for tomorrow and 3 little ones already piced up today. Then a wedding and groom's for Sunday.

Tis the season.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:39am
post #4 of 78

I have one cake baked, it's going to be a strawberry shortcake for a picnic tomorrow. About to put away dishes so I have room to decorate. Oh, and I have cookie dough chilling in the fridge - also for tomorrow. I'm getting up early to bake and decorate, so tonight is just about TV

rockytop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockytop Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:40am
post #5 of 78

No cake for me, just working on going to bed its been a long day.

oneyracing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneyracing Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:45am
post #6 of 78

i am working on a naughty cake of a female for a guys birthday...not due till tomorrow night...first one that i have done...so it should be interesting for me..

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:46am
post #7 of 78

been taking my time , today.. decorating a 40th b/d cake for my son.. going to a pig picking tomorrow .. started my first cupcake bouquet.. for my daughter for mothers day.. will finish it in the morning.. i hope it turns out good.. i need to practice these .. i will be demoing them in august at our dos.. i always read this thread on friday nite.. but first time , posting.. i am not always busy with cakes, etc. i wish i was..

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:50am
post #8 of 78

Hi guys!
I am working on decorating the pots of my cookie bouquets that are going to the women in my family from the kids. I have school in the morning so I gotta wrap up soon.

leah_s Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:50am
post #9 of 78

icer101 you can always just talk to those who are hard at work. It makes the work go faster.

patticakesnc Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:53am
post #10 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Jealous.

I have 4 wedding cakes, 2 groom's cakes for tomorrow and 3 little ones already piced up today. Then a wedding and groom's for Sunday.

Tis the season.

I would love to have the business you have. I had a purse cake and a cupcake tower this week. I will work on the cupcake bouquet for Mother's Day for my mom tomorrow. I decorated my pot tonight and decided to break open a bottle of wine and relax.

Here is the purse cake. Didn't take a pic of the cupcake tower...Wish I had it was soooo pretty and I did a perfect RI tiara on it.
LL

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:00am
post #11 of 78

I did a 5-tier wedding cake (delivery tomorrow); had 2 free anniversary cakes picked up today; plus I have a catering for 107 tomorrow .... and the guest list is a bunch of firemen, so the bride warned me of "hefty appetites"!

leah_s Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:01am
post #12 of 78

That's a fab purse cake!

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:08am
post #13 of 78

That purse is awesome, I love the details

leah_s Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:11am
post #14 of 78

::waves at Indy:: Haven't seen you at FNCC before have I?

PS, Les made it to TCU today. We're hoping he gets home tomorrow or Sunday.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:15am
post #15 of 78

thanks leahs.. i will do that in the future..

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:18am
post #16 of 78

Hi Everyone! I just finished a ladybug cake for my friends one year old daughter. Party is tomorrow, finally a cake I will get a piece of!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:18am
post #17 of 78

LOVE your purse cake. Making roses for Mother's day cake.

indydebi Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:21am
post #18 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

::waves at Indy:: Haven't seen you at FNCC before have I?

PS, Les made it to TCU today. We're hoping he gets home tomorrow or Sunday.

Nope, I'm a first timer! I've seen the prev threads but had no idea what it was! Popped in one, finally, and did the "Ohhhhhhhhh!" thing!

Glad to hear Les is making progress. thumbs_up.gif

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:23am
post #19 of 78

Just had date night with the hubby. Looking foward to my 4 days off before having to go back to thr bakery.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:24am
post #20 of 78

[quote="indydebi"plus I have a catering for 107 tomorrow .... and the guest list is a bunch of firemen, so the bride warned me of "hefty appetites"![/quote]

Got any chicken with wine this week??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif If so, have a glass for me - I can't have alcohol for two weeks - meds. icon_cry.gif

Cupcakeluv24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeluv24 Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:25am
post #21 of 78

Well hello lovely gals!! I am also a first time poster and I am also not working on anything at the moment but more brainstorming..... My Best Friend is getting married and we are having her bachelorette party coming up on the 16 th of May. Any Ideas I know there are tons but I want fresh ideas and to not just look over hundreds upon hundreds of the same pictures.

Thanks ladies oh and Leah you seem like such a wonderful person I really admire you and Ms.Indy.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:27am
post #22 of 78

Leahs,
I had total faith in ;you......Thanks for the SPS...it was WONDERFUL...I did a big 5 tier cake last weekend & had to strong guys carry it totally put together.....worked GREAT...they picked it up, put it in the van...put in on the table at the reception & I had nothing to do........LOVE IT, LOVE YOU......THANKS, THANKS, THANKS

Nancy

leah_s Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:43am
post #23 of 78

::blushes::

Indy is way cool.

indydebi Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:50am
post #24 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspice1981

[quote="indydebi"plus I have a catering for 107 tomorrow .... and the guest list is a bunch of firemen, so the bride warned me of "hefty appetites"!

Got any chicken with wine this week??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif If so, have a glass for me - I can't have alcohol for two weeks - meds. icon_cry.gif[/quote]

ALways. Seriously, I make my Lemon Chicken Rosemary in a butter-chardonnay sauce every single wedding I do. I bet in 5 years, I can count on one hand the number of weddings that did NOT have this chicken. My family USED to like it, but now they're sick of seeing it! icon_lol.gif

tmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmcakes Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:50am
post #25 of 78

This is cool! I have seen this thread before but never stopped in!
I'm waiting for cakes to cool for my first gift box cake for tommorow! I hope I can get to bed before 3 am this weekend! So far I right on schedule! But like always if I stay on this site it will end up being even later than that!

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:54am
post #26 of 78

Graduation weekend..57 cakes. Everything from 8 inch rounds to 3 tiered cakes with UNC gradaution themes.

patticakesnc Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:58am
post #27 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkybaker

Graduation weekend..57 cakes. Everything from 8 inch rounds to 3 tiered cakes with UNC gradaution themes.

Made me tired just reading that one!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:58am
post #28 of 78

Indy why don't you come to VA & cater my daughter's Sweet 15 next year!?! Lol. I saw your site & it makes it so easy to figure out pricing & you give great menus for great pricing! Right now I'm looking for a caterer & their sites are not so easy to figure out.

tmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmcakes Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:01am
post #29 of 78

icon_eek.gif Is that 57 different cake orders??? Im sorry but I'm new to CC and these parts so Im not familar with all or what you do! So please excuse my nosiey ness!

leah_s Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:04am
post #30 of 78

57 cakes? You have help, right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%