I Am So-O-O Pathetic!

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 9 May 2009 , 2:32am by tamarawagner99

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 21

It's been a really, really slow day at work...that's my excuse. When I logged on this morning, I saw that my peek-a-boo baby cookies were up to 994 views. Only 6 needed to make it to a nice, round 1000! So now I'm checking every so often to see if it hits that magic number. How pathetic is that! I've never done that with any of my other cookies. I guess I'm just so unbelievably bored at work, I have to find something to occupy my time! Naturally, I turn to cookies!

20 replies
Stephi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephi1 Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 21

Don't feel pathetic - slow day for me too! Sometimes when things are slow CC is the only thing that gets me through the day! I'm going to look at the cookies now! LOL!

Stephi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephi1 Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 21

Don't feel pathetic - slow day for me too! Sometimes when things are slow CC is the only thing that gets me through the day! I'm going to look at the cookies now! LOL!

Alagoas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alagoas Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 21

I don't think it is pathetic... I can just imagine a rock star lurking at Billboard lists... it is normal to be excited over your well deserved fame on that great COOKIE... Congratulations and hope you hit many thousands icon_smile.gif

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 21

Well, I'm a fan of your cookies anyway, so I just went and checked out the peek a boo babies-they're really cute. You're at 998 now! Sorry you're bored. I just took my last batch of cookies out of the oven, getting ready to go deliver an order of naughty cookies, get my son off the bus stop, force him to do homework, piano practice, then off to karate, a few errands while he's in class, home make dinner, and housework. However my morning was pretty tame.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:36pm
post #6 of 21

There - I just viewed them and you were at 997 - so now you should be at 998. Only 2 more!

It's slow here at work too! LOL!!

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:36pm
post #7 of 21

Super Cute Cookies!!! All of them are outstanding!!

rgj123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rgj123 Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:37pm
post #8 of 21

999 now..... icon_biggrin.gif Your cookies are beautiful!!

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:38pm
post #9 of 21

Now you only need 5! icon_biggrin.gif all kidding aside, your cookies are fantastic!

Criola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Criola Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:40pm
post #10 of 21

If you're pathetic what does that make the rest of US? lol

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:40pm
post #11 of 21

Yahoooo... I helped... you should be at 1000 now....... thumbs_up.gif
btw... all you bored people... get over here and help me bake.. icon_biggrin.gif

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:42pm
post #12 of 21

Okay, I just helped out too. Way too funny. I guess there's a bunch of us who have nothing to do. lol

Those cookies are adorable!!

Alagoas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alagoas Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:50pm
post #13 of 21

Woohoo! The COOKIES have +1040 views and the template is coming to 1000... icon_biggrin.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:53pm
post #14 of 21

LOL! I stepped outside to enjoy the nice day (hey, it's lunch hour, I can do that) and came back in to check the cookie's progress. Ding, ding, ding! It's not sitting at 1043! You people are so great.

Cakesby LJ...I would LOVE to come do cookies with you!

cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:02pm
post #15 of 21

Let me start by saying I don't do cookies but yours are soo cute!! I know you are already over 1000 but I had to take a peek anyway icon_smile.gif I'm just happy to see this thread and know I'm not the only one who watches their 'views' ... I was starting to feel quite pathetic myself thinking I need to get a hobby...wait a minute... cakes are my hobby! See it's a vicous cycle with me LOL icon_biggrin.gif None of mine are near 1000 views so Congrats to you!! thumbs_up.gif

tamarawagner99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamarawagner99 Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:23pm
post #16 of 21

I think I just made 1056! Love them! They are too precious!! But so are ALL of your cookies...and perfect too! icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:28pm
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudwick

Let me start by saying I don't do cookies but yours are soo cute!! I know you are already over 1000 but I had to take a peek anyway icon_smile.gif I'm just happy to see this thread and know I'm not the only one who watches their 'views' ... I was starting to feel quite pathetic myself thinking I need to get a hobby...wait a minute... cakes are my hobby! See it's a vicous cycle with me LOL icon_biggrin.gif None of mine are near 1000 views so Congrats to you!! thumbs_up.gif

I checked out your cakes, and WOW! I only had time to quickly leave a comment on your calla lily cake...awesome!

Now that the cookie is over 1000 views, what am I going to obsess over for the rest of the day? I know. I have to assemble my niece's graduation cake and truck it down to the party an hour away. I can obsess over whether the cookies decorating the cake will make it to the party in one piece.

cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:42pm
post #18 of 21

Thanks GeminiRJ! I think that photo is at 297 now - only 703 to go...whoo-hoo!! icon_razz.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 8 May 2009 , 9:00pm
post #19 of 21

Wow! Over 1000 views! Very cool!!! thumbs_up.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 8 May 2009 , 9:08pm
post #20 of 21

Glad you pointed these out. I had checked out your fab cookies before but never clicked on these because on my monitor the teeny-tiny thumbnail photos looked like girls from the 60's with "beehive" hair - thought they were for a theme party.... icon_redface.gif Very cute babies.... gotta go get my eyes checked...

tamarawagner99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamarawagner99 Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:32am
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuddysmom

Glad you pointed these out. I had checked out your fab cookies before but never clicked on these because on my monitor the teeny-tiny thumbnail photos looked like girls from the 60's with "beehive" hair - thought they were for a theme party.... icon_redface.gif Very cute babies.... gotta go get my eyes checked...

I totally thought the same thing at first based on looking at the tiny thumbnail picture on my tiny iPod screen. On the positive side, I got to view many more of Gemini's photos while trying to find it. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%