Does Anyone Use Jem Daisy Cutters?

Decorating By Jenthecakelady Updated 8 May 2009 , 8:19pm by Ziz2009

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 2

I just bought the JEM multi petal daisy cutters to make gerber daisies for a cake I have next week. Problem is the instructions aren't completely clear and since I'm very new to gumpaste flower making I need a little help. I have an idea of what I could do without following these instructions, but I would still like to know what they mean or maybe how other people make them.

For example, what exactly is a "ski hook"? I've made other flowers with a hook on the end of the wire or bending the end of the wire at a 90 degree angle, but never heard the term "ski" hook used before. Of course, there's no pic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA-Jen

1 reply
Ziz2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ziz2009 Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 2

a ski hook is like a hook on its side and then the tail comes down from the bottom - so its like a hook you would do for a ribbon loop but at 90degrees to the rest of the wire - I hope that makes sense.

I also use the daisy cutters - I do them with a mexican hat to start with, put the cutter over the hat and press down. Then cut each petal in two with a sharp knife. depending on the size of the daisy you use a cocktail stick to spread the petal a little bit.

Hope that helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%