Airbrushing Equipment?

Business By 350BakerStreet Updated 8 May 2009 , 10:22pm by 350BakerStreet

350BakerStreet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
350BakerStreet Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:53am
post #1 of 5

Hi! I wanted to purchase a good airbrush compressor and brush set, but I'm not sure which one to get. Which one do you guys like? I am just starting out, but I don't want to start off with a crappy one to learn on that I'll just have to replace in a year or two when I need something more "advanced". Please help! Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 5

i bought the purple compressor from decopac, and the brush that goes with it....i recently upgraded airbrushes to paache talon.

the compressor has held up for 7 years of heavy use.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 5

I bought mine from Michaels (with 50% off coupons) I know they sell a reasonable compressor at Harbor Freight - if I were to do it all over I would buy one of those and then get a good airbrush. I have the Badger one (the best one they sell) and it has been difficult learning how to tear it apart and put it back together....it is a huge production here to do that.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 5

I have the aztek 4709 and I love it. Nothing to tear apart and put back together. No needle to bend or replace. It comes with several different nozzles for different spray patterns (fine to broad) and the cup can be placed on the left or the right. To clean it I just fill one of the smallest glass bottles with water and spray it through till it comes out clean. Take off the nozzle and wash it with hot water and wash out the little cup. I bought extra cups which makes changing colors a breeze.

350BakerStreet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
350BakerStreet Posted 8 May 2009 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 5

So, what parts need to be taken apart. I'm not really sure how one works other than the compressor turns on, you turn a dial to crank up the pressure and you fill little glass/plastic bottles with airbrush colors. What am I missing?

PS-Thanks for all your input icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%