The New Homepage Layout.......?????

Decorating By apetricek Updated 7 May 2009 , 10:14pm by KathysCC

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:56am
post #1 of 9

Ok so not so much loving the new design of CC....I also an getting tired of the same cakes being in the slideshow/spotlight ALL DAY! Not to pick on or be rude, or inconsiderate of others, but come on...can we have some other things to look at. I was on the site first thing this morning and now at almost 11 at night the same cakes are still on there...what about all the others that have been added through the day, don't they too deserve the "spotlight"??? Sorry it I am sounding negative...just curious, since now I am loosing interested in CC. I know they are probably still working on the "new stuff" but I don't like this feature at all.....Just my little rant on the soap box thanks for listening...

8 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:04am
post #2 of 9

There is another thread where Heath has told everyone to be patient...it's just not finished yet.

Hope that helps.

Cables4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cables4fun Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:11am
post #3 of 9

I SOOO agree!! I would like to see more on the homepage and I hope MORE is coming!! The slide show was the first thing that caught my eye when I joined and then I found the Oh, SO, IMPORTANT DETAILS of the site! Hopefully, things will come togehter as soon as possible!

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:12am
post #4 of 9

Maybe they will change it... It says they still have lots of changes to do.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:25am
post #5 of 9

it does say this at the top of the page:

We are currently making some updates to the website layout. You may experience some display difficulties at this time.
A lot of improvements and new features in the works!

xx

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:44am
post #6 of 9

There have been several other posts saying the same thing you're saying....presumably, they're taking these comments into consideration. I know their ultimate goal is to make CC even more wonderful!!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 9

Heath addresses this subject in another thread:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-629676.html
(See pages 2 & 3.)

HTH

P.S. I'm just glad Jackie and Heath didn't close down the site while they make the updates. icon_biggrin.gif

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:05pm
post #8 of 9

JanH,
I agree with you, I'm also glad the site wasn't shut down during the improvements.

Last week I needed ideas for a cake badly, at first I couldn't log on to the site, when I did get on nothing came up. I was in a panic thinking I'd been kicked off or something permanent was wrong with CC. I was really glad when I found out it was temporary and they were making changes.

So, everyone just be paitent, I'm sure ALL of this will pay off in the end. I'm just thankful for this awesome site!!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%